+11

If you're going to pretend you're patriotic, atleast know that AK-47s are Russian bro. Amirite?

Image for post If you're going to pretend you're patriotic, atleast know that AK-47s are Russian bro. Amirite?
Mcflys avatar Jokes & Humour
4 4
The voters have decided that Mcfly is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Actually, most AK-47s are made in China these days.

It's such a simple, yet extremely reliable design, that if I had to choose between Kalashnikov and any American equivalent, I would always go for the cheap Chinese copy. Then again, somewhere in Finnish ground, there is a neat hole, where my sniper rifle (Arctic Warfare, the older model) resides. I don't like being too close to my targets... ;o)

A real AK47 can fire full auto, that's not legal in the US without a special permit. You'd need a semi-auto variant to legally own one with a standard permit, in the same way that the AR15 replaces the M16 in the civilian market. Not that such guns aren't available and popular in the US, you can order a Century Arms semi-auto AK47 from Cabela's for $800.
http://www.cabelas.com/browse.c...p;CQ_search=ak

It may be a Russian design, but a civilian owning one is American as f**k.