Students at a Nashville Liberal Arts University offended by cotton. What harvest "pickin" offends you ;)?

(http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/...by-cotton.html)

Everything that is harvested needs "picked". So if a cotton centerpiece offends you, so should apples, oranges, pumpkins, tobacco for your precious cigarettes, MARIJUANA, peaches, flower arrangements, and everything at the farmer's market or produce store.

Image for post Students at a Nashville Liberal Arts University offended by cotton. What harvest "pickin" offends you ;)?
0% Apples 0% Peaches 0% Pumpkins 0% Marijuana 0% Oranges 0% Flower bouquets 0% Cherries 45% Everything 18% Flagged! This is a troll/bait post designed to offend leftists by 'trying' to make them realize just how silly they really are. 36% Other
Bookyankas avatar Jokes & Humour
3 29
@2656705

That's funny. Just a few weeks ago, on another post, educated liberals lamented that we need "undocumented migrant workers" to pick our fruits and vegetables, when criticizing Trump's stance on illegal immigrants from Mexico. Otherwise, produce would be too expensive to afford, they said.

Bookyankas avatar Bookyanka Everything +1Reply
@2656931

Exactly.
Therefore, peppers , tomatoes, melons or grapes should offend the Mexicans who pick 'em. wink smilie

and you are right about the minimum wage.

Bookyankas avatar Bookyanka Everything 0Reply

@2656713

Yes. Mental illness.

@2656737

Everything has a history of being picked and harvested, since the beginning of time.
Are you offended by oranges, or MARIJUANA, or tobacco, or apples, or dates and figs? Somebody picked all of those, and more.

@2656744

Ah.... out of answers, so here come the insults, vulgarity, and name calling.

Seems like sort of an odd choice of centerpieces, for a gathering of exclusively 'African-American' invited guests.

@Piper2 Seems like sort of an odd choice of centerpieces, for a gathering of exclusively 'African-American'...

Yeah, my brother and I were discussing this yesterday, and I said exactly what you just said, and I even went a step further. I said that in all my life, I don't remember ever seeing a cotton stalk centerpiece, and I've been to many, many, MANY social gatherings.

@Bookyanka Yeah, my brother and I were discussing this yesterday, and I said exactly what you just said, and I even went a...

Hmm...I probably have once or twice, but not as the sole centerpieces for a "social" gathering.

In this particular case, it seems like an odd choice for the centerpieces. I'm pretty sure that is not the only reason some of the invited students felt uncomfortable, or "offended".

@Bookyanka Seems an odd thing to garner national attention too.

What national attention? I doubt if many people who don't follow Fox News or read USA Today have even heard about it. I hadn't, and I watch that vile "mainstream media" fairly often.

Haven't and hadn't heard a peep about it, until this post...

@Bookyanka USA TODAY isn't "national attention" ? ok. I read a lot. That's how I knew.

Yes. Not much *attention** to it that I've seen or read though, until this post.
Maybe that's because of all the other things going on, like hurricane devastation, riots in St. Louis, more hurricanes coming, and that concern about possible nuclear war.....

@Piper2 Yes. Not much *attention** to it that I've seen or read though, until this post. Maybe that's because of all...

I know about all those things, in addition to this. As I said, I read a lot. smile smilie
So why are you minimizing the importance of this heinous racist gesture and the hurt feelings of young oppressed and offended African Americans?

@Bookyanka I know about all those things, in addition to this. As I said, I read a lot. So why are you minimizing...

If that's what I'm doing, it's because I doubt the intent, from what I've read about the gathering at the university was a "heinous racist gesture".

I do not know President Lowry of the university, wasn't there, and do not know what those who catered the gathering were told. Whether the cotton stalk centerpieces and meals served were supposed to be offensive, or NOT, it's not up there with "heinous" to me, as far as "racist gestures".....

@Bookyanka Oops! Another sarcastic, yet colorful, but inaccurate word. My bad.

Oh, THAT'S what that was!!! WHOA...you're WAY too clever for me, Bookyanka. Your sarcasm just went right over my stupid, cotton-pickin' head! WHOOSH....
I'm so embarrassed. redface smilieredface smiliesmirk smiliesmirk smiliehehe smiliehehe smiliebiggrin smiliebiggrin smilie

The pussywillow tree down the street from my house is the epitome of racism! The people who currently live in that house need to be punished because a previous owner planted it in their yard several decades ago.
(sound insane? Well that's what this story looks like to normal people.)

Wait... I read it and I understood absolutely nothing. Is it because it's white and that's somehow racist and its white people's fault because why?

@Sunny_the_skeptic Wait... I read it and I understood absolutely nothing. Is it because it's white and that's somehow racist and its...

Because black slaves picked cotton 200 years ago.
I'll bet the students who were offended were wearing cotton shirts, pants, and underwear hehe smilie

@Sunny_the_skeptic They also shouldnt drink Starbucks then since slaves also harvested coffee plantations.

That's the whole point of this post. EVERYTHING harvested has to be picked by someone. Should the Irish be offended by potatoes? Should Cubans be offended by oranges, or tobacco? Marijuana has to be picked and harvested. Will liberals boycott and give up marijuana in protest? Where does being offended stop?

Anonymous