Can you remember a time when the media wasn't telling you to fear or hate something?

My earliest memories of the media causing fear was in the early 60's with the Cuban missile crisis. I can't say that I remember much time since that there wasn't something or someone that was going to cause the end of times. The new ice age in the 70's, the earth quake to end all in CA, race riots across the country, killer bees out of Mexico, nuclear melt downs around the world, global warming, climate change, aspartame, oil spills, Arafat, Gaddafi, Khomeini, Khrushchev, Brezhnev, Mao, Bush, Kennedy, Carter, Nixon, Trump, Clinton, Kim, Pol Pot, Bin Laden, etc.

It makes it hard for me to get excited about the next fear mongering story that the media and Hollywood cook up for tomorrow. No wonder half the free world is in a medicated stupor. JMHO