+7

My dental office has 4 male dentists and a bevy of lissome, sweet young women as support staff. Could it get any more conservative?

Image for post **My dental office has 4 male dentists and a bevy of lissome, sweet young women as support staff.** //Could it get any more conservative?//
Sukiesnows avatar Health, Beauty & Fitness
7 71
@2656866

Close - in Meadowlands by Costco..

Mine is an all female staff. I have never seen a male hygienist.

@VicZinc Mine is an all female staff. I have never seen a male hygienist.

In my old office I had one...he's good, too. I got none of the usual bitching about cleaning my back teeth....

So it's somehow the fault of the evil patriarchal male misogynistic penis creatures that the women decided to be dental nurses and not dental doctors? How dare those women make their own choices!

@Sunny_the_skeptic What times?

That women aren't supported enough to feel they can become dentists....

@Sukiesnow That women aren't supported enough to feel they can become dentists....

So if women dont get top positions it's again a man's fault for not saying atta girl? Ever heard of victim complex?

@Sukiesnow I wouldn't say it was ALL man's fault. What does your gf do?

She's majoring in English to be a translator, she already has a job translating the dialogues in a TV show for dubbing.

@Sukiesnow She is safe since it is a job that is non-gender specific.

I still dont agree with your logic that having a penis makes a better life. Where's my privilege and money from the patriarchy?

@Sunny_the_skeptic Then explain your logic

Okay. What exactly do you want me to clarify....

@Sukiesnow In which way?

the way you keep complaining about

@Sunny_the_skeptic the way you keep complaining about

I'd like to see an office with women in charge and the support workers all male for a fucking change.

@Sukiesnow I'd like to see an office with women in charge and the support workers all male for a fucking change.

I'm sure there is such an office and there is nothing wrong with that, what's wrong is the reason for you to want it, your belief that women are victims and are always pushed down has not only made you develop a victim complex but a bit of sexism as well. On top of which you think it's ok to be that way because you see your sex as a victim.

I don't get this at all, never have I been told or have seen someone make a different career choice because the way society perceives them, I know people who made choices based on what they think are capable of or on the responsibility they will have or the economical demand of their job but never this.

@Sunny_the_skeptic This is exactly what Im talking about

Sad, but it's true. You think it's fine...your world is fiine...since it's patriarchal...and your at the top of the heap...so who cares about the little women who choose get talked into staying at home to take care of the rugrats.

@Sukiesnow Sad, but it's true. You think it's fine...your world is fiine...since it's patriarchal...and your at the top of the...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victim_mentality

There's nothing more comforting than to blame someone else for one's own shortcomings. Why dont you become a doctor then Sukie if this bothers you so much?

@Sunny_the_skeptic https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victim_mentality There's nothing more comforting than to blame someone else for...

It seems to bother you, too. So you two have kids, who is gonna stay home taking care of them.

@Sukiesnow It seems to bother you, too. So you two have kids, who is gonna stay home taking care of them.

A babysitter, unless my hypothetical wife decides that she wants to take a leave so she could take care of them. In my profession I doubt I will have the time, my hypothetical wife could be in the same situation.

@Sukiesnow Never occurred that you might stay 'ome for 6 months, did it?

Sure it did, but I don't think an employer would let their male employee stay home for 6 months, some employers allow paid maternity leave, I doubt that applies to men. It also depends on if you can AFFORD to not work for half a year. That's why there are people who work in the carer field.

@Sunny_the_skeptic Sure it did, but I don't think an employer would let their male employee stay home for 6 months, some employers...

Of course you can take pat leave. In Canada men can take pat leave.

Women take 6 months and then their husband takes 6 months.

@Sukiesnow Of course you can take pat leave. In Canada men can take pat leave. Women take 6 months and then their husband...

Is it paid? Regardless I dont care about gender roles, in a family it doesn't matter, you do what works best and chances are the wife would be a better carer than her husband, statistically speaking. Hypothetically speaking if my wife earns more than me it would be better for me to stay home.

@Sunny_the_skeptic Is it paid? Regardless I dont care about gender roles, in a family it doesn't matter, you do what works best and...

It's also very good for men to go on pat leave.

In Canada...I think they get about 75% of their wages...BUT upon returning to work they can't just quit...they have to stick it out for about 6 months...

@Sukiesnow It's also very good for men to go on pat leave. In Canada...I think they get about 75% of their wages...BUT upon...

Still, I think that young families are in need of money so they will choose whichever allows them to earn more money.

@Sunny_the_skeptic Still, I think that young families are in need of money so they will choose whichever allows them to earn more money.

So your quality of life suffers...here's the answer...plan on when to have kids...have the money on hand.... Don't buy a posh house right off the bat.

And people always say their best times were when they were broke, anyway.

@Sukiesnow So your quality of life suffers...here's the answer...plan on when to have kids...have the money on hand...

People dont want to start a family late in life either, people do what they have to, I wouldnt want to be in my late 50's and have a child thats barely a teen.

@Sunny_the_skeptic People dont want to start a family late in life either, people do what they have to, I wouldnt want to be in my...

So get hitched early...it seems to work for ppl these days... Then you can BOth work on your careers...

@Sukiesnow So get hitched early...it seems to work for ppl these days... Then you can BOth work on your careers...

It seems like you're willing to say anything as long as it doesn't go to the gender roles that you hate. What wrong with a woman being a stay at home mom? Let people do what they want without any judgment.

@Sunny_the_skeptic Same old story of what? You didn't say anything right now.

Of what we were talking about above.

This is starting to become a circular argument.

@Sukiesnow Of what we were talking about above. This is starting to become a circular argument.

I'm just reacting using the same stubbornness that you use, you just LOVE being a victim and it always must be the fault of men. How I wish there was a universe where men can be the victims and women could be blamed for everything just because of other people of the same sex and automatically be guilty by association. Because of 3rd wave feminism now there is a thing called MGTOW.

bet you wouldn;t complain where it the other way around, lets not be hypocrites

@Sukiesnow I like an office with a nice mix.

I like a place that have qualified employees regardless of gender. So tired of having mixed just for he sake of filing stupid quotas.