I've noticed some rather disturbing posts on Amirite lately, some advocating violence and killing, no matter if the victims are innocent or not...................................... Some people will read those types of posts and think violence is OK and act on their desire to maim or kill others............................ I don't believe those hateful posts should be allowed on any social media site. We need to stop the violence, not advocate it on a social media site....Amirite?

Image for post I've noticed some rather disturbing posts on Amirite lately, some advocating violence and killing, no matter if the victims are innocent or not......................................   Some people will read those types of posts and think violence is OK and act on their desire to maim or kill others............................   I don't believe those hateful posts should be allowed on any social media site. We need to stop the violence, not advocate it on a social media site....Amirite?
StarzAboves avatar People & Celebrities
11 22
@2657386

Yes it is. Someone that is so angry they even think of killing others, has some major problems. And sooner or later they will act on it.

@2657413

I agree, JD, we never know the state of mind of some individuals.....

@2657417

The only way it will be gone is enough people report it.

There are little flags on each post that any user can use to report something they believe shouldn't be there. Moderators aren't logged on every minute. You can help by reporting bad posts!
Do it for yourself.
Do it for your fellow Amiriters!
Do it for your country!
Do it .. you get the idea.

@StarzAbove I did report it Bud, shall I report it to you as well.

No, not necessary. When reports are made, a special alert shows up on the moderator's pages. Moderators are encouraged to respond to them quickly. In as much as there are currently no Alerts active, someone must have responded and taken what they felt was appropriate action.

If the post or comment still remains, then apparently the moderator that responded didn't recognize the offense you were concerned about and the alert was simply cancelled.

Since this is obviously still a concern, I suppose taking it to another level might be appropriate. By that I mean send a PM to myself, Vic or Ser along with a sentence or two describing your concern and a link to the offending post.

Free speech has always been a hot button here on Amirite, but maintaining a sense of decency is very important too. Keeping this place tidy and comfortable for all users is VERY important as well as protecting everyone's 1st amendment rights. It's a balancing act - that's for sure.

I hope that helps, and if you want to discuss it more, privately, by all means send me a PM.

The internet is full of tough guys, ex marines, Vietnam Vets, MMA experts, has beens, and used to be's. I just hehe smilie
But I agree with the post.

@2657453

Your comment about the wheel chair was lame compared to what the killing post was about.

@2657578

I know, and that was just one comment, the other is a post with lots of hateful/killing comments on it and nothing is done

While I agree that posts and comments actually advocating violence towards people or animals are disturbing, I do think the discussions that often ensue in response, are sometimes more productive than deleting them.

@Piper2 While I agree that posts and comments actually advocating violence towards people or animals are disturbing, I do...

They can be, but they can also be the cause of some nutcase going out and shooting up the town because of what was said on those types of posts. My opinion only.

depends on the age of the commenters

Anonymous