The Farmer and the Kid A farmer is sitting on the front porch of his house one hot summer day, when this kid comes walking down the road carrying a big bundle of wire. "Hey kid!" the farmer says, "where ya goin' with that wire?" "Well," the kid drawls, "this here ain't just any ol' wire, this here's chicken wire. I'm fixin' to catch me some chickens!" "You can't catch chickens with chicken wire!" says the farmer. "Sure I can!" the kid says, and takes off down the road. The kid comes back at the end of the day and sure enough, he's got a whole mess of chickens caught in his chicken wire. The farmer's sitting on his porch the next day, and the same kid comes walking down the lane, carrying a big roll of tape. "Hey kid!" the farmer yells, "where ya goin' with that tape?" "Well, this here ain't just any ol' tape," says the kid, "this here's duck tape. I'm fixin' to catch me some ducks!" "You can't catch ducks with duck tape!" says the farmer. "Sure I can!" the kid says, and takes off down the road. The kid comes back at the end of the day and again, the farmer can't believe his eyes. The kid has a whole bunch of ducks all wrapped up tightly in his tape. The next day the farmer's sitting on his porch again, and the kid comes walking down the road carrying a stick. "Hey kid!" the farmer says, "where ya goin' with that stick?" "Well, this here ain't just any old stick," says the kid, "this here's pussy willow." "Hang on," yells the farmer, "I'll get my hat." *** Link: http://www.jokelibrary.net/occupations/farmer1.html#jew_hindu_and_lawyer_at_farm_house

Image for post The Farmer and the Kid *** A farmer is sitting on the front porch of his house one hot summer day, when this kid comes walking down the road carrying a big bundle of wire. "Hey kid!"  the farmer says, "where ya goin' with that wire?" "Well," the kid drawls, "this here ain't just any ol' wire, this here's chicken wire. I'm fixin' to catch me some chickens!" "You can't catch chickens with chicken wire!"  says the farmer. "Sure I can!"  the kid says, and takes off down the road. The kid comes back at the end of the day and sure enough, he's got a whole mess of chickens caught in his chicken wire. *** The farmer's sitting on his porch the next day, and the same kid comes walking down the lane, carrying a big roll of tape. "Hey kid!" the farmer yells, "where ya goin' with that tape?" "Well, this here ain't just any ol' tape," says the kid, "this here's duck tape.  I'm fixin' to catch me some ducks!" "You can't catch ducks with duck tape!" says the farmer. "Sure I can!"  the kid says, and takes off down the road. The kid comes back at the end of the day and again, the farmer can't believe his eyes. The kid has a whole bunch of ducks all wrapped up tightly in his tape. *** The next day the farmer's sitting on his porch again, and the kid comes walking down the road carrying a stick. "Hey kid!"  the farmer says, "where ya goin' with that stick?" "Well, this here ain't just any old stick," says the kid, "this here's pussy willow." *** "Hang on," yells the farmer, "I'll get my hat." *** Link: http://www.jokelibrary.net/occupations/farmer1.html#jew_hindu_and_lawyer_at_farm_house
Mariannes avatar Jokes & Humour
8 24

The Farmer and the Kid

A farmer is sitting on the front porch of his house one hot summer day, when this kid comes walking down the road carrying a big bundle of wire. "Hey kid!" the farmer says, "where ya goin' with that wire?" "Well," the kid drawls, "this here ain't just any ol' wire, this here's chicken wire. I'm fixin' to catch me some chickens!" "You can't catch chickens with chicken wire!" says the farmer. "Sure I can!" the kid says, and takes off down the road. The kid comes back at the end of the day and sure enough, he's got a whole mess of chickens caught in his chicken wire.

The farmer's sitting on his porch the next day, and the same kid comes walking down the lane, carrying a big roll of tape. "Hey kid!" the farmer yells, "where ya goin' with that tape?" "Well, this here ain't just any ol' tape," says the kid, "this here's duck tape. I'm fixin' to catch me some ducks!" "You can't catch ducks with duck tape!" says the farmer. "Sure I can!" the kid says, and takes off down the road. The kid comes back at the end of the day and again, the farmer can't believe his eyes. The kid has a whole bunch of ducks all wrapped up tightly in his tape.

The next day the farmer's sitting on his porch again, and the kid comes walking down the road carrying a stick. "Hey kid!" the farmer says, "where ya goin' with that stick?" "Well, this here ain't just any old stick," says the kid, "this here's pussy willow."

"Hang on," yells the farmer, "I'll get my hat." ***

Link: http://www.jokelibrary.net/occu..._at_farm_house

@2658677

Lol - thank you, Will.

@2658589

It wouldn't surprise me. hehe smilie

@2658589

There are several similar stories - lol.
But this one is about a boy and a farmer ...
Thank you, Rooster - lol. hehe smilie

I hope the chickens and ducks weren't hurt.

@Sukiesnow I hope the chickens and ducks weren't hurt.

Thank you, Sukiesnow. hehe smilie
That is what I hope too ...
smile smilie

@Marianne Thank you, Sukiesnow. That is what I hope too ...

I know it was just a story but it felt hurtful.

Are you still doing Acros, Marianne?

@Sukiesnow I know it was just a story but it felt hurtful. Are you still doing Acros, Marianne?

Sorry, Sukiesnow, I have been neglecting a lot lately, as there was too much to do. I will come back, as soon as things are less "troubled".

Anonymous