+12

The delivery room is not a place for your other children.

Apparently some moms have the idea that it's a great bonding experience for their other children to see and/or help with the delivery of their newest sibling....

Image for post **The delivery room is not a place for your other children.**
Sukiesnows avatar Technology
7 27
@2658809

Who is having the baby? perplexed

I think I know what you were getting at...but...DO I? Spell it out please.

@2658681

Some children have a tenuous hold on life, and should not be subject to human suffering.

@2658812

What are you talking about, every woman on Earth boasts about how much they suffered while giving birth, there is a reason that women lose some of their memory post birth, so they wont remember how bad it was and to want to get pregnant again.

@Sunny_the_skeptic What are you talking about, every woman on Earth boasts about how much they suffered while giving birth, there is a...

You're right; there is something about childbirth that gets anesthesized in women's memories or something...most women swore to me: NEVEr AGAIN...but a couple of years later...there they are...pg again!

@Sukiesnow You're right; there is something about childbirth that gets anesthesized in women's memories or something...most...

It's nature's way to trick women into reproducing. What stops families from having more kids is not usually pregnancy but rather being able to provide, raising kids is not easy or cheap.

@2658812

...i.e.: mother screaming obscenities, and cursing father...water gushing forth...surrounded by white masked strangers...what about that isn't frightening?

@Sukiesnow i.e.: mother screaming obscenities, and cursing father...water gushing forth...surrounded by white masked...

When I was little one of the things that scared me a lot was the hospital smell, the smell of disinfectants.

@Sunny_the_skeptic When I was little one of the things that scared me a lot was the hospital smell, the smell of disinfectants.

A lot of people have a fear of the "White jacket" and I imagine small children would, too. Especially if you have memories of one giving you a couple of needles...

@2659007

No, really, eh? And whenever I tried to peg down my mom for stories of my birth...she started looking shifty...and getting defensive... "Well, you know dear, we ALL took drugs in those days..."

• Mommy why is that woman in the other room screaming at the top of her lungs?
  • Oh, it's nothing dear she's just having her vagina torn apart by her baby.
@Sukiesnow Ugh...that's about it... How's school?

Great, we're starting very serious subjects now.

@Sukiesnow Like...? Let me live vicariously...:)

Facial oral surgery, pathoanatomy, pathophysiolgy, use of dental equipment, drilling canals in teeth etc.

@Sunny_the_skeptic Facial oral surgery, pathoanatomy, pathophysiolgy, use of dental equipment, drilling canals in teeth etc.

So, tell me...what's the point of posts? Dental posts.

I had a "consult" with a dentist last week...after glancing in my mouth for 5 seconds...and speaking for 1 minute...he then charged me $85 bucks for it.

@Sunny_the_skeptic Charging 85 bucks for a check up? That's a robbery

Check up? Ha. It was a specialist... A maliofacial (something like that) consult...which took all of 5 minutes...although saying 5 minutes would be exaggerating.

@Sukiesnow Check up? Ha. It was a specialist... A maliofacial (something like that) consult...which took all of 5...

Consultations shouldn't cost money, how the hell do they expect a national level of good oral health if people are afraid of being robbed every time they have a problem, wasnt Canadian healthcare free?

Or a video camera

I had my 3rd child at home in my bed, with my second darting back and forth catching glimpses of the whole ordeal. 😣 I tried to make her stay out, but she learned about childbirth and wasn't scarred. It made explaining where babies come from considerably less complicated.

Vrendowls avatar Vrendowl Disagree 0Reply