BEWARE: I just received a telephone call saying it was the IRS and I was being audited. Told me if I didn't call a certain number right away, I would be arrested and jailed. lol lol If I'm absent for a few day you'll know where I am. lol lol

Have you been scammed lately?

https://media.consumeraffairs.com/files/news/scam-alert_medium_8.jpg
StarzAboves avatar People & Celebrities
13 36
@2658703

Of course it's a scam. I just hung up, didn't say one word. lol

@2658716

Geez..... thanks, I'll watch out for that. I have no outstanding fines at all, and even when we get calls from the police wanting money, we always say no. We never know if it's for real or not.

@2658696

Good thinking. lol I just hang up. lol

@2658748

I get emails like that, and it scares me, they want me to click into their link and they will get rid of the virus for $100 or more. I delete it, and then run my virus check.

@2658775

Wow, I almost fell for that one a few years ago.

I've had several of those. It's difficult to nail them because they change phone numbers so frequently. crs smilie

I've received at least one of those calls, too. My "case" was soon going to federal court, and if I did call them back and resolve it right away I'd be arrested and in jail....goo smilie

@Piper2 I've received at least one of those calls, too. My "case" was soon going to federal court, and if I did...

They'll try anything to scare us, won't they? And some elderly people will fall for it.

@StarzAbove They'll try anything to scare us, won't they? And some elderly people will fall for it.

(*If I did NOT call them back) redface smilie

Yes, and there are SO many of those scams. I know someone who fell for the "grandson in trouble, needs money wired" one.

@Piper2 (*If I did NOT call them back) Yes, and there are SO many of those scams. I know someone who fell...

I had that happen to me only it was about my nephew. I fell for it at first, because it sounded just like my nephew. Said he was in jail and needed me to send some money to bail him out. He then had me talk to another guy, who was supposed to be a lawyer. I asked him why didn't he ask his Dad for the money, said he didn't want his parents to know about it. I then asked him where he went to college...lol lol That's where I caught him, he had no idea. lol The jerk hung up. lol

@StarzAbove I had that happen to me only it was about my nephew. I fell for it at first, because it sounded just like my...

That's pretty much exactly the same scenario that happened to someone else I know, except that she actually went and wired money, twice. It was a couple thousand dollars, at least.
I'm not sure why she chose to tell me about it, since we don't get along very well. I felt bad for her though, and kept her confidence. She was embarrassed about being so gullible.

@StarzAbove I guess when it's a grandson in trouble, people will do just about anything.

So it seems. Too bad it wasn't one of her two grandsons this time, and that she didn't think before sending a scammer thousands of dollars.

@2658993

I guess they try to scam all of us. lol

I'd send the local PD that number and pay em a little visit

@Sunny_the_skeptic I'd send the local PD that number and pay em a little visit

I don't have caller ID so there is no way I knew their number, I feel sure that they don't use the same number all the time.

It's a scam. The IRS calls NO ONE

They are priceless when they sound like Osama Bin Laden and call themselves "Dave".

@Budwick They are priceless when they sound like Osama Bin Laden and call themselves "Dave".

lol I've not had that happen yet. I did have a scam about a year ago, that I almost fell for.... but thankfully I asked him a personal question that only my nephew would know. And he couldn't answer it. lol

It's those online anti Trump posts. Trump's out to get you. lol