Threatening NK...now is that a good idea?

Image for post **//Threatening// NK...now is that a good idea?**
Sukiesnows avatar Religion
12 38

Finland could destroy NK, if we had the interest to do so.

We have all of the tech. Being just five point four million (give or take a hundred thousand citizens) strong, we still have all of the NATO tech to support us. NK has no change against even the smallest countries in the world. And they bloody well know it. Loudmouth Kim.

Nothing changes over the years.

No, but look who it is coming from.

No. I don't think those kind of threats , like decimating an entire country kind, are a good idea. Never, but certainly not when speaking before the "United Nations" for the first time.

Here's what Trump actually said, for the record:

"The scourge of our planet today is a small group of rogue regimes that violate every principle on which the United Nations is based. They respect neither their own citizens, nor the sovereign rights of other countries. If the righteous many do not confront the wicked few, then evil will triumph. When decent people and nations become bystanders to history, the forces of destruction only gather power and strength.

"No one has shown more contempt for other nations and for the wellbeing of their own people than the depraved regime in North Korea. It is responsible for the starvation deaths of millions of North Koreans, and for the killing, torture, imprisonment and oppression of countless more. We were all witness to the regime's deadly abuse when an innocent American college student, Otto Warmier was returned to America only to die a few days later. We saw it in the assassination of the dictator's brother using banned nerve agents in an international airport. We know it kidnapped a sweet 13 year old Japanese girl from a beach in her own country, to enslave her as a language tutor for North Korea's spies.

"If this is not twisted enough, now North Korea's reckless pursuit of nuclear weapons and ballistic missiles threatens the entire world with unthinkable loss of human life. It is an outrage that some nations would not only trade with such a regime, but would arm, supply and financially support a country that imperils the world with nuclear conflict. No nation on earth has an interest in seeing this band of criminals arm itself with nuclear weapons and missiles.

"The United States has great strength and patience, but if it is forced to defend itself or its allies, we will have no choice but to totally destroy North Korea. Rocket man is on a suicide mission for himself and for his regime. The United States is ready, willing and able, but hopefully this will not be necessary. That's what the United Nations is all about, that's what the United Nations is for. Let's see how they do. It is time for North Korea to realize that denuclearization is its only acceptable future."

@Maze Here's what Trump actually said, for the record: "The scourge of our planet today is a small group of rogue...

It's amazing how different the narrative becomes when you read "all" that was said, instead of believing what someone "tells" you what was said.

@JustJimColo It's amazing how different the narrative becomes when you read "all" that was said, instead of believing what...

Yeah, I don't think I've ever heard mainstream media accurately capture the gist of a Trump speech. The only way to know what he said is to see it for yourself.

@Maze Yeah, I don't think I've ever heard mainstream media accurately capture the gist of a Trump speech. The only way to...

One president calla a nutcase a nutcase and he is condemned for it. Another President claims he is a jelly donut and the press thinks it one of the most profound speeches of the 20th century.

After what Trump said if I was Kim I would launch an attack on America.You simply can't say you are going to destroy an entire country.If he said that about Britain we would strike first.

@ThePrinceofWales After what Trump said if I was Kim I would launch an attack on America.You simply can't say you are going to...

"The United States has great strength and patience, but if it is forced to defend itself or its allies, we will have no choice but to totally destroy North Korea. Rocket man is on a suicide mission for himself and for his regime. The United States is ready, willing and able, but hopefully this will not be necessary." -Trump

@Sukiesnow Maze: what does "rocket man" mean?

Sukie: "rocket man" is a reference to the fact North Korea keeps flying rockets over South Korea and Japan.

And what would be the result if you were Kim and launched an attack on the US? Britain is not NK, and Trump would never say that to Britain. If it was Russia saying that to Britain, I would bet Britain would not do a thing. (I like the UK, by the way, it's just that unless a country has the ability to carry out a threat, it's better to keep silent if you're on your own.)

It's like children bickering, but those children have nukes

@Sunny_the_skeptic It's like children bickering, but those children have nukes

The guidance systems are complete crap. They can't hit anything.

A nuke is only useful, when it hits something else than a random whale.

@ZonkeyBalls The guidance systems are complete crap. They can't hit anything. A nuke is only useful, when it hits something...

True, NK doesnt really have any sophisticated missiles, but still a cruel man child in charge of a country with big bro China is dangerous.

@JustJimColo

Yeah, it seems like the whole political playing field is changing.

China doesn't want a war and Russia, although being a dick like always, really doesn't want a war. Trump's USA, well... As they put it in Star Trek, war is good for business...

@ZonkeyBalls Yeah, it seems like the whole political playing field is changing. China doesn't want a war and Russia, although...

I don't think many civilized people, anywhere actually want a war. What I want less than going to war with NK is another Perl Harbor on a massive scale.

@JustJimColo I don't think many civilized people, anywhere actually want a war. What I want less than going to war with NK is...

Well... To be a dick about it, you did mess up with Pearl Harbor.

There was an early warning about the attack, but it got stuck on a desk somewhere and you were "surprised", when there wasn't any surprise. Just mail left unread.

@ZonkeyBalls Well... To be a dick about it, you did mess up with Pearl Harbor. There was an early warning about the attack, but...

Yep. Someone thought it just wasn't that important at the time.
The signs are often there, if some would just look, and others would just listen.

@JustJimColo Yep. Someone thought it just wasn't that important at the time. The signs are often there, if some would just...

One of the first things they taught us in the Academy was, that most tragedies in the military history are due to people not keeping track of things. I believe Pearl Harbor was on our very first lesson and they pointed out, that even the simplest mistake can have very serious consequences.

Wow. The US made a serious mistake. And to pay for their mistake they bombed Nagasaki and Hiroshima....

@Sukiesnow Wow. The US made a serious mistake. And to pay for their mistake they bombed Nagasaki and Hiroshima....

No. The mistake was made by Japan, and I think they got off easy by just getting two cities nuked.

If Japan had won, Canadians would also be speaking Japanese or German today.

Is it a good idea for NK to make threats?

Mess with the bull... and you'll get the horns..

If he doesn't learn to keep his stupid pie hole shut..
He soon won't have a hole to shove pie in..

@Sukiesnow Haven't you ever taken the high road Dandy? Especially when you know you can....

I do..but sometimes it gets tiresome to keep taking the high road time after time..it starts making you look like a chump.

Previous politicians keep giving this idiot money, when he throws these tantrums, thinking they can shut him up and he'll play nice..

His army is an ant hill, compared to ours..

Let him keep running his stupid mouth, i'm pretty sure he's starting to see his bluffs aren't going to work so easy now.

I'm not the least bit worried about that idiot..

He'd much rather be living like a king, controlling his slaves...instead of laying in a pine box..

Nothing but a spoiled brat, trying to get more handouts.
He'll get something he doesn't want..