When did you take your first step as an up-and-coming toddler?

Image for post When did you take your first step as an up-and-coming toddler?
PartyOfOnes avatar Life
7 30
@2659365

You mentioned your dad coming to visit in the near future - if you remember to ask about it, I'd be curious :D

Thanks for your post, Tiffanee

I'm thinking I should be able to walk in a decade or two.

@2659414

I doubt I'd notice, either. Well, thanks for your post, JD... I appreciate your effort.

The "first day of Fall" reminded me of my first fall and all those immediately afterward when I tried my skill as a newby toddler. My mom told me that I did really well but I have a feeling she was holding back, lol - no doubt I did a few face plants before I got my stuff together :)

That was seventy years ago .... but I was about ten months old according to what my mom and grandma told me.

@JanHaskell That was seventy years ago .... but I was about ten months old according to what my mom and grandma told me.

Our skills - in that way, anyway - were quite close :D Observing and sharing in child development has always felt close to miraculous - the all-on-their-own shift change made me wonder "how did they know how to manage that - without being taught???"

Probably walked pretty early to get out of the way of the other kids in the family. lol

About 8 months.

@2659747

First time, accident - second time, not. I can easily imagine that blameless mentality - I've seen it through the news dozens of times; tragic at the very least.

@2660049

I did catch the intended humor - it did make me grin, considering the theme of the post :)

I'm glad I haven't had to witness a fall from a shopping cart - I'm damned-sure my reaction wouldn't be moderate.

Good to see you again ;)

@2662226

You've had either excellent early cognizance retention or an on-the-ball mom who immediately wrote that down; is either close?

@2662988

LOL... no one's going to beat that submission ;)

unsure I don't remember it at all.

@LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred unsure I don't remember it at all.

My mom wrote down what we did and when, up through part of grade school ... by then, it got to be a little too much to keep up with. :)

i don't know everyone who might know is dead.

I was a one year old.

Please login or signup to leave a comment.