-1

It's simply easier when girl's names and boy's names match up to their gender.

Take "Dakota" for example...how can I tell it's a girl or a boy...c'mon...it's the way we've been programmed and I see nothing very wrong with that. It simply makes subconscious identification easier. I don't know about the Trans situation, though, mostly they change their names, anyways. You don't have a child expecting s/he might be transgender...although maybe now it's different.

Image for post **It's simply easier when girl's names and boy's names match up to their gender.**
Sukiesnows avatar Jokes & Humour
6 34

Easier for who?

Why do you care if it's a "boy" or a "girl" it shouldn't matter to anyone except the person themselves.

We put too much emphasis on gender issues and then we wonder why there are so many gender issues.

VicZincs avatar VicZinc Disagree +8Reply
@VicZinc Easier for who? Why do you care if it's a "boy" or a "girl" it shouldn't matter to anyone except the person...

It's easier for everyone. Read explanation. Would you rather have been called Vicky?

@Sukiesnow It's easier for everyone. Read explanation. Would you rather have been called Vicky?

I still don't get it. If my name was vicky would you think I was a girl with a huge mustache ?

VicZincs avatar VicZinc Disagree +4Reply
@VicZinc I still don't get it. If my name was vicky would you think I was a girl with a huge mustache ?

If your AV was obscure I would think you were a girl. Everyone thinks DWF is a boy. There is no easy indication.

@Sukiesnow If your AV was obscure I would think you were a girl. Everyone thinks DWF is a boy. There is no easy indication.

So, in here, why does it matter?

Out there, I guess it matters insomuch as you don't want to call someone she, when they prefer he. On the other hand if they are with you you would just call them by name or say "you". Problem solved.

VicZincs avatar VicZinc Disagree +2Reply
@VicZinc So, in here, why does it matter? Out there, I guess it matters insomuch as you don't want to call someone she...

On here it does matter. I've noticed in conversation - I mean you can say you and your partner which is great - but there are other pitfalls where like you said...how do you refer to them? I was referring to Blewy as: she when he told me different...silly.

Of course...it doesn't really matter in life like death and taxes...this is just a post after all.

What vic said

@Carla What vic said

See what I told Vic.

@Sukiesnow See what I told Vic.

I dont think parents really need to be concerned about whether identifying thier childs gender is easy or not.

There are many names that are not at all "gender" specific, and personally, I think that's just fine.

@Piper2 There are many names that are not at all "gender" specific, and personally, I think that's just fine.

Your saying it's fine for you. Not that it's fine for everyone... which it's obviously not.

@Sukiesnow Your saying it's fine for you. Not that it's fine for everyone... which it's obviously not.

That is surely indisputable.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="YouTube video thumbnailameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

There have always been names that are gender neutral.

Chris, Pat, Jerry, and Fran...to name a few.

@Chris_the_Demon There have always been names that are gender neutral. Chris, Pat, Jerry, and Fran...to name a few.

Then it generally becomes: Chrissy, Patti, and Frances. The Jerry is short for Geraldine...and if I was laden with that name I'd certainly shorten it, too...and take my chances. :)

@2660281

When a person knows their gender.

@2660420

It's impossible for me to see names such as Logan, Tyler, Austin, Rory as female names, I had so much trouble in understanding that Skyler was a girls name too when I watched Breaking Bad.

Ashley used to be a boy name and now it’s a girl name

Not consistent

So in the grand scheme: a name is a name no matter how small

So you're saying that everyone should get unisex names so there's no need to change their name if they're trans? Why is it such an issue? Trans people make up such a low % of the population. If someone is having trouble with their identity they're free to do something about it, Im not tiptoeing around anyone in case they change their mind screw that, I'm not letting anyone dictate what I do.

Just for clarification, I am not a girl.

It's easiest when they match their personalities.

Vrendowls avatar Vrendowl Disagree 0Reply