Would you want to live in a Utopia?

Or would having everything in a trouble free environment be too boring for you?

Image for post Would you want to live in a Utopia?
ThePrinceofWaless avatar Technology
7 10
@2660633

In the perfect world...

I will steal your lawn mower and get shot to the same fucking shoulder once again.

Sounds good to me.

Sure. Why not? We can all go live on the space station Elysium. It's always sunny and warm, palm trees swaying gently, sparkling lakes... Everyone has a personal med-bay to cure their cancer, heart disease, etc...no more worrying about health care. And everyone has their own personal robot servants.

@Chris_the_Demon Sure. Why not? We can all go live on the space station Elysium. It's always sunny and warm, palm trees swaying...

I quite like that point. Naturally, it was a divided world and the protagonist didn't live up in the sphere world (which as an idea has been recycled a lot, starting with Niven's 1970 book)...

@ZonkeyBalls I quite like that point. Naturally, it was a divided world and the protagonist didn't live up in the sphere world...

Yes, but the divide won't really effect those living off world. It's quite easy to ignore the plight of the less fortunate when one is living on a space station, far removed from poverty and all the unsightly things that go along with it.

wink smilie

We would all like to live in our own concept of utopia.

100%. By its definition, it's inherently pleasant, perfect, and satisfying for all.

I've always dreamed of being the main character of a young adult fiction novel, so yes

Anonymous