PartyOfOnes avatar
9 61
@2660891

Aww c'mon - don't be shy - I've seen your wings :D

That's about where I've been; I'm not loose with some of the dark verbs and adjectives but they're there for the choosing when the moment demands.

Thanks for your feedback ;)

PartyOfOnes avatar PartyOfOne When the kids lived at home, I slipped-up a... +4Reply

I save what some consider "vulgarities", for when I really mean them. It doesn't take much discipline, really, since those words are not usually on the tip of my tongue.

@Piper2 I save what some consider "vulgarities", for when I really mean them. It doesn't take much...

That shows a good amount of reserve, decency, and a tiny tinge of raw emotion - all among some of my favorite combinations ;) Good on you.

Thanks for taking part in addressing the question, I appreciate your efforts :)

PartyOfOnes avatar PartyOfOne When the kids lived at home, I slipped-up a... +5Reply

I occasionally use swear words, but it's usually only with very close people and when I know they won't mind. But I can choose not to, if needed.

@primeiro I occasionally use swear words, but it's usually only with very close people and when I know they won't mind. But I...

After reading others' comments, I can see all of the respondents are in "the usual" category: not too evil, not too awesome :Þ - GO US!! :D

I continue to worry heavily over spherical's well-being

As always, it's been good to "see" you ;) Thanks for helping me with the survey :D

@PartyOfOne After reading others' comments, I can see all of the respondents are in "the usual" category: not too evil, not too...

Always happy to see you too. ;) I have news about spherical, but I'll send it to you in a Private Message - please go to your Messages section - you can just click on my name to go to my profile, then click "Send Message", and that should take you there. :)

@2660809

LOL :P I thought you might come back with something like that lol :D

@2660816

Oh, yeah - been there with that at work - oops! :D

I don't swear much.

@StarzAbove I don't swear much.

You get a genuine hi-5 and an all-expense-paid trip to an Amirite post of your choosing, lol. Best I can do - I'm short on money :P

@2664752

True enough ;)

PartyOfOnes avatar PartyOfOne When the kids lived at home, I slipped-up a... +2Reply

I haven't slipped out any swears when I don't intend to

@Sunny_the_skeptic I haven't slipped out any swears when I don't intend to

As a teen I used to float a few - as an adult, there are only a few expressions I've retained that fit the need I'd have to express my deepest, truest emotions... just a few.

Thanks for sharing... truly, it's appreciated ;)

@PartyOfOne As a teen I used to float a few - as an adult, there are only a few expressions I've retained that fit the need I'd...

Swearing has a time and a place and a company sometimes too. As adults now we get to choose when to swear. Can you imagine a world without profanity? A meteor falls a few meters away from you and people go "oh golly that was very frightening" instead of the occasional "Holy shit!"

More than some and less than others. It depends on who I am talking to about what. If other people are in the area, I try to be considerate of their sensibilities.

Because I’m a cunt. That’s the direct English descendant of the Proto-Indo-European word for woman. Uninhibited, not reckless. Like you wrote, it’s not all the time.

Mashas avatar Masha I don't have inhibitions so, sure, I'll let... +5Reply
@Masha Because I’m a cunt. That’s the direct English descendant of the Proto-Indo-European word for woman...

Ah-ha :) Well, you get a quick kiss and a warm hug... oh, and a thank you for posting.

Mashas avatar Masha I don't have inhibitions so, sure, I'll let... +4Reply
@2664700

LOL... you came damned close - good job!! :P

PartyOfOnes avatar PartyOfOne When the kids lived at home, I slipped-up a... +3Reply
@2660839

Okie dokie :) so out of the above four likely responses, which category would you say you fall into? Any idea?

@2660839

I would much rather say Jesus Christ rather than a word resembling rape. When I find myself saying Jesus Christ I always put a thank you behind it. Like some fool walked in front of my car while texting, I said Jesus Christ Thank you for protecting my car from hitting this fool.

LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundreds avatar LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred Gee, golly, gosh... I'd be fast-tracked at The... +1Reply
@2665738

According to the dictionary, cursing, cussing, and swearing are interchangeable... just saying

PartyOfOnes avatar PartyOfOne When the kids lived at home, I slipped-up a... +1Reply
@2665971

Okay :)

@2660862

I'll let you handle that part, lol :) This is your time to shine, mister :D

Out of the above four choices, which one would you choose comes closest to where you are with "letting loose"?

If you do it too often it gets boring.

@Sukiesnow If you do it too often it gets boring.

It actually does... damned-near puts ya to sleep, donut ?

Fucking awful...

@TheCensoredBrit Fucking awful...

Thanks for responding :)

@2665322

That'd definitely be something I'd do, lol :D

Thanks for your post!!

@2692021

Lol... thank god for euphemism and earthiness because you came across with this like a polished politician, lol - that's a good thing :D

Thanks so much for being part of this post - your presence is always appreciated.

I can abstain very easy, when I'm around someone I'll only let those profanities loose if I know they curse too. On the internet it's different though, I'll use them whenever I feel like it but most of the time I don't feel like it.

@Crimson I can abstain very easy, when I'm around someone I'll only let those profanities loose if I know they curse too. On...

That's about where I was when I was a teen - not to profile you, just that at an older age my vocabulary expanded well enough to make more "acceptible" choices :)

Thanks, very much, for taking the time to express where you've been with the issue - it's appreciated ;D

Ya I am clean in mind and mouth

@LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred Ya I am clean in mind and mouth

Thank you, Lorraine, for taking the time to post - I appreciate your input, very much :)

I never use vulgarities in front of people.I have too much respect for them and myself.

@hootowl I never use vulgarities in front of people.I have too much respect for them and myself.

That's not at all a bad practice and an admirable way to look at it :)

Thanks for giving your feedback on the issue - nice of you to do that ;)

PartyOfOnes avatar PartyOfOne When the kids lived at home, I slipped-up a... 0Reply

I never use profanity, In fact if I ever did people would laugh because I have high standards for myself and others.

LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundreds avatar LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred Gee, golly, gosh... I'd be fast-tracked at The... 0Reply

I don't curse. No real reason, I just don't.

Skr3wBalls avatar Skr3wBall Gee, golly, gosh... I'd be fast-tracked at The... 0Reply