+12

To throw away cheese because it is moldy is the height of hypocrisy. You must not understand what cheese is.

Image for post To throw away cheese because it is moldy is the height of hypocrisy. You must not understand what cheese is.
VicZincs avatar Food & Drink
11 24

bacterially fermented milk

Mmmm.
Cheese:]

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +5Reply

I just threw away some cottage cheese that was moldy, no way will I eat moldy cheese or anything moldy.

Who would have thought that the topic we agree on would be moldy cheese?
I admire your perseverance Vic!

I have a general sort of idea of how cheese is made, although I've never made it myself. I just pick or cut the mold off, when that happens. If there is too much mold on anything to cut or 'pick' off , I go ahead trash it.

I'm supposedly allergic to penicillin, and all. a smilie

Why stop at moldy cheese? How about rotten milk? By this logic, cheese is nothing more than rotten milk. Ignore the foul smell, chow down!

Its probably the only foodstuff I will accept with mold on

You're right: I don't understand what cheese so help me with that.

@PartyOfOne You're right: I don't understand what cheese so help me with that.

hehe smilie short version (google it for more hmm smilie) It starts as milk,
then you add 'stuff' like the juice from a calf's stomach, to get it to congeal. clap smilie

Then add mold spores, bacteria jolly smilie (or in some cases insects e.g., flies or mites o_o smilie) etc. to get the flavor, color, style you like. hello smilie

Then you put it in a cave or cellar and let it sit around for weeks, months, even years - occasionally scraping off molds or other crusts that form puke smilie (depending on the style you are making). Sometimes you wash it once in a while.xp smilie

Eventually you eat it. yum smilie

"...height of hypocrisy", Vic?

There you go again, with your unthinking hyperbole.

The mold might be ok, if it doesn't affect the taste, but you overlooked an important factor (as is your frequent habit): the ingredients used in cheese making are carefully chosen; just any old mold that might grow by chance is not likely to help the flavor. It's the same with wine... I'd be happy to share a bottle of good wine with you, but not one that has turned into vinegar. wary smilie

@Thinkerbell "...height of hypocrisy", Vic? There you go again, with your unthinking hyperbole. The mold might be ok, if it...

Perhaps what you fail to realize here (or perhaps you do - and that explains why you never post).

The goal in this MORPG is to garner votes and comment. Hyperbole is but one of the techniques we use. A post that does not excite a response - negative or positive - is a mere waste of time, if one enjoys this game.

So thank you for you comment, now may a also have a vote?

@VicZinc Perhaps what you fail to realize here (or perhaps you do - and that explains why you never post). The goal in this...

I've made only two posts because I don't have the kind of time needed to play this game, answering all the comments that might be made in response.

http://www.amirite.com/798587-h...ving-been-born

http://www.amirite.com/806361-d...dance-la-volta

And I think interesting posts can be made, without resorting to absurdities.

And you are welcome; sure, you can have a vote. biggrin smilie