Wunderscores avatar
3 30

A group of aliens arrives at the pearly gates and St. Peter ushers them in, telling them to turn to the right. "What's to the left?" they asked.
"Shhh, it's the Christians" came the reply, "they think they are the only ones here."

@Wunderscore Do you reckon there are Christian aliens?

Ancient alien show says yes. They say Jesus was an alien type to start and when he died a ship came and got him.

I don't even know if there's any afterlife.

If you can, and do before me, please come pick me up. If you get your pilots license.

I'm too busy worrying about my afterlife....

I'm pretty sure you won't be reborn as an alien.

And probably there's a different heaven realam for each species like a world of warcraft server.

Wunderscores avatar Wunderscore the afterlife doesn't exist +1Reply
@Wunderscore If heaven doesn't have dogs and trees, is it really heaven?

Hmm, this sparks another question. What if you're afraid of dogs or you have some weird phobia, heaven is supposed to be a kickass place right? Does it mean that it has to be a separate realm of heaven for each type of person or do you just have to deal with it?

@Sunny_the_skeptic Hmm, this sparks another question. What if you're afraid of dogs or you have some weird phobia, heaven is supposed...

If heaven is just for souls, maybe all species are there. People aren't scared of dogs, they're scared of the physical elements of dogs (or spiders, or whatever else). Of course, that would mean that all of our souls are the same, they're just held in different types of physical bodies

Wunderscores avatar Wunderscore the afterlife doesn't exist 0Reply
@Wunderscore If heaven is just for souls, maybe all species are there. People aren't scared of dogs, they're scared of the...

Well that's a wild claim. What makes you think it's true? What if our idea of physical self is so deeply ingrained that our souls take our shape as well. I'm only kidding of course, there is no such things as souls or heaven, only easy explanations that calm us down about the ultimate end of life.

@Sunny_the_skeptic Well that's a wild claim. What makes you think it's true? What if our idea of physical self is so deeply ingrained...

Don't pretend like you know what happens when we die any more than the rest of us clueless idiots

@Wunderscore Don't pretend like you know what happens when we die any more than the rest of us clueless idiots

More and more we have answers to things that were replaced with religious nonsense and fairy tails, you just don't like it but you're lying to yourself if you're not seeing that it's much more likely and it most likely IS that nothing is waiting for us and all this bullshit that you're talking about souls is simply comforting the fearful human.

It's like closing the eyes of your victim and calming them down before shooting them in the head and blowing their brains out. No one exists on purpose, neither do we have one, nor does life spare anyone, this is reality and not some fairy tail with a meaningful ending, you're a deluded child if you resist to see this.

@Sunny_the_skeptic More and more we have answers to things that were replaced with religious nonsense and fairy tails, you just don't...

You don't know that though. Sure, you can speculate really really hard. And if the conclusions you reach from those speculations are good enough for you, awesome! But you have no way of knowing whether or not you're right, and that has to be okay

@Wunderscore You don't know that though. Sure, you can speculate really really hard. And if the conclusions you reach from...

You're deluding yourself, so you will wait until all the pieces are placed and you have nowhere to run, so be it. You're given the freedom of choice even if it's illusion.

I thought you were more logical than this, I've taken the wrong impression.

@Sunny_the_skeptic You're deluding yourself, so you will wait until all the pieces are placed and you have nowhere to run, so be it...

For the record, I don't believe in an afterlife. But I'm also not stupid enough to believe that I'm right

@Wunderscore For the record, I don't believe in an afterlife. But I'm also not stupid enough to believe that I'm right

You're right, we dont necessarily know the truth but at least I try to base what I say on things humanity does know, im not pulling things out of my ass

@Wunderscore Aren't you?

Due to the knowledge we have amassed as humanity I can pretty much explain every change you went trough from the moment your parent's gamets formed into the zygote that would become you, there were millions of chances that another sperm cell would take your place and another person with different traits from your family's genetic pool could have taken your place. Or your parents could have not created you at all if they dint give in to the inborn instinct to procreate.

Nothing is set in this universe, circumstances are created by events that have started way before us or
by events occurring during our existence that we're not aware of. Based on all the truth we know about life, it's origin and and it's base form (cells) it's a lot more logical for the end to hold no paradise with magic souls that you theorize what shape to take, so no I'm not pulling anything out of my ass at least.

@Sunny_the_skeptic Due to the knowledge we have amassed as humanity I can pretty much explain every change you went trough from the...

Yes you are. Just because life is explained doesn't mean we can apply any of that to death. It's naive to assume that we can generalize in that way

Wunderscores avatar Wunderscore the afterlife doesn't exist -1Reply
@Wunderscore Yes you are. Just because life is explained doesn't mean we can apply any of that to death. It's naive to assume...

That's a really flawed logic, I don't know what it is. Is it denial or being a fanatic child?

During life - no magic no miracles everything boring and stupid, we're a sack or differentiated cells who have no idea what the meaning of their existence is and DEATH - a magic wonderland, spirits puppies magic forms and happy juice.

With that logic you're the one pulling things out of your ass, get your head out of the dirt.
Hey, if your bullshit logic turns out true I'll get you a bottle of peach juice in the alien-puppy-human realm of whatever is waiting. If I'm right we'll both be nothingness.

@Sunny_the_skeptic That's a really flawed logic, I don't know what it is. Is it denial or being a fanatic child? During life - no...

No, that's science. It is unjustified to take the results from one thing and apply to them to another.

Using fancy words isn't going to make you right. Me using simple words now doesn't make me right either. We're both still alive, and as long as that is the case we are both inherently uncertain about what comes or does not come after death.

Also, I'm not sure where your expert qualifications in biology, chemistry, and psychology are from, but I would love to see the degrees which allow you to "pretty much explain every change [I] went through from the moment [my] parents' gamet[e]s formed into the zygote that would become [me]"

Scientists have been wrong in the past, and it is possible that scientists are less that 100% right now. Thinking linearly and simplemindedly is harmful to science, too, so being so certain in your "facts" isn't doing anyone any favors.

But I'm done arguing with you because you are clearly very right and scientific so anything I say to challenge that, and anything I do to try to make you think a little bit, is wrong and stupid and honestly just isn't worth saying.

@Wunderscore No, that's science. It is unjustified to take the results from one thing and apply to them to another. Using...

Why not? Science is based on results, and those results are applied to the base understanding we already have. I don't know about using fancy words, it's subjective what you consider as fancy and what as regular and mundane.

I don't have a degree in anything yet I'm barely a 3rd year dental medicine student and I have extensive knowledge about human embryology so yes, I do have a pretty good idea trough what stages does a human go from cradle to grave.

I'd be a hypocrite if I dont admit that you have a point that scientists have been wrong, in the 21st century we have made a lot of headway and we have a lot more to learn, you see with science you only get more questions the more answers you reveal.

At least I base what I think on actual documented proof, what do you base your opinion on? Something that someone else said that learned it from someone else before him who on their own self heard it from somebody else all the way to the infinity. Something being an ancient idea and being blindly followed by people for thousands of years doesn't give it credibility.
Especially since it's nothing but a simple way to explain the questions that blew their ancient little human brain.

From this point on this discussion is starting to take a turn not to what is the truth but rather who is right, we're both too stubborn to admit defeat, I took an interest to you from your previous interactions but I expected you to be more rational.

Correct no pups to play with wouldn't be a happy place for me. So I will stay here being reborn time time.

Oh I don't want to think about that way too frightening no matter the answer allowed

Squirrels.

ZonkeyBallss avatar ZonkeyBalls I'm too sober to have an opinion on this -1Reply
Anonymous