Jaxxis avatar Religion
5 17

I find that the more religious someone is, the more judgmental they are, even though they're not supposed to be judgmental.

Never heard that term before, but yes.

Actions speak louder than words religious or not. Sure, I know pretty many christians who go to church and then go home and act horribly.

Hypocrites? Sure, I know a bunch of 'em. The road to hell is teeming with 'em.

You gotta walk the walk - not just talk the talk.

Yes I do. A family member would never miss church unless she was dying, but she's the most racist person I've ever known. She's certainly not living her religion only when it's convenient.

There are a lot of "Christians" who never go to church. Is that wrong?

@Sukiesnow There are a lot of "Christians" who never go to church. Is that wrong?

Not at all. It's all about ones beliefs and how they live their life according to those beliefs. A number of churches of ALL religions are nothing more than money making schemes that prey on the elderly and the poor. While I admire some of the Christians I know, there are very few Christian churches or pastors that I trust or have any respect for. I think some of the best Christians I've met are those who don't belong to a church.

@Sukiesnow So just believing in Christ doesn't make you a Christian...

Lets just say I think there are people out there professing to be Christian pastors, who probably don't believe in anything beyond making money.

I've encountered them, people who consider themselves Christians, but don't seem interested in applying Christian principles to their attitudes and behavior. It's like they took an oath once and they think that's all there is to being a Christian.

The Apostle James summed it up well:

What good is it my brethren, if a man says, 'I have faith', and he does not have deeds? Can his faith save him? If a brother or sister is naked and lacking daily food, and you say to them, "Go in peace, be warm, be full", and don't give them the bodily necessities, what good is that? So also faith alone, without works, is dead.

Some might say "You and I both have faith." I have works. Show me your faith without works, and I'll show you my faith by my works. You believe that God is One; you do well; the demons also believe and tremble. Are you willing to know, oh feeble man, that faith without works is dead? (James 2:14-19)

Plenty of them, online and offline. Its why I've given up with church.

I've plenty of time for God, but none for his supposed representatives on earth.

99% are liberal.

Not sure what a non hypocrite is supposed to be like

I don't know what you mean by "HypoChristians", but if you would explain what you mean by that term, I probably would answer that "yes, I do know some of them". If a HyperChristian is somebody who is out to convert everybody to Christianity, what then is a HypoChristian? Somebody who is trying to talk people out of being Chrisitans? Or since the term "hypo" means "under", is a HypoChristian somebody who undermines Chrisitanity? Or what do you mean?