+9

You got the "people are starving in Biafra" argument when you were young...amirite?

It would be about the starving people in Biafra...you don't know how lucky you are...or the "when I was young I had to walk 4 miles...etc" argument... whichever fit whatever you were complaining about... (MOM! Is this what we're having for dessert? You KNOW I don't like it...)

Image for post **You got the "people are starving in Biafra" argument when you were young...amirite?**
Sukiesnows avatar Jokes & Humour
9 9

It was the starving people in India for me.

Never heard about the starving foreigners argument when I was a kid. Got the stories from my parents about growing up in the depression on farms in Western Kansas. Some families gave away children because they couldn't feed them. My Mom was all but sold to a store in town for a year to work for money that all went to her family when she was 13. She was the oldest girl so they made her quit school after the 8th grade to work in the fields and help with family. (She always felt bad for not being allowed to get an education, while her younger siblings were eventually sent to college.)

@2662246

People should take their kids...probably around the age of 10...around to see these places....

I used to tell my parents,they could send what I don't eat to them.