primeiros avatar Jokes & Humour
10 45

Only as a joke.

@Budwick Only as a joke.

That sounds like my kind of humor. :P
Thank you for joining!

@2662263

You could try to practice it until you master it. The only problem would be if the person you're trying to avoid actually speaks Spanish too... Then you'd be pretty much screwed. lol.

Thank you for joining. :)

No hablo ingles, senor. Muchos gracias. Tres cervezas, por favor - quitese los pantalones y los calconzillos. Le recetera supositorios. Tengo hemorroides. Hasta la vista, Microsoft.

That covers my Spanish.

@2662280

Thank you for joining. :D

@2662272

Thank you for joining. :)

I'm too vanilla to pull it off...:)

It wouldn't work in my area. I would have to say it in Gaelic or something else. hehe smilie

@JanHaskell It wouldn't work in my area. I would have to say it in Gaelic or something else.

lol, yeah, the trick needs to be adapted depending on the specific region. :D
Thank you for joining.

@2662434

Haha :D Thank you for joining.

I've done the opposite since here it's more likely someone will not know English and wont be able to talk to you. " I'm sorry, I appear to be unable to understand the language you're speaking so I will be on my way" Using more difficult words stops them from attempting to use their salvaged bits of English.

@Sunny_the_skeptic I've done the opposite since here it's more likely someone will not know English and wont be able to talk to you...

lol. I should try that. :P Just speak a long fast string of difficult words. That will scare most people off.
Thank you for joining. :)

I've done that in German, lol - it works :)

Si, me no understando as me no hablo inglés...

Of course, it's normally been with someone that knows me well and knows I only speak English.

I use English so ignore anyone who can't or won't speak the language our country started with.

@2662648

Thank you for joining! :)

Quite the opposite really. In Miami I was buying some cars, the clerk give me the total in Spanish. I have enough to reply "No halo Espanyol" with a perfect accent. She said Que and I repeated it. She got really angry with me over it.
It happened again later and I said in English that I didn't speak Spanish. This clerk was really annoyed when she snapped at me in a heavy accent"I'ma not tawlking in Espanish."
a smiliea smilie

Actually, I answered in Italian, by accident, at a congress - but corrected and switched to English, after the first two or three welcoming words.

hehe smiliesmile smilie

@Marianne Actually, I answered in Italian, by accident, at a congress - but corrected and switched to English, after the...

hehe smilie Thank you for joining. biggrin smilie
That kind of thing happens a lot - using another language by accident. I've seen it more than once, with coworkers, using English by accident, then correcting and switching to Portuguese. :P

Anonymous