+3

DeShaun Watson, new QB for the Houston Texans donates his first paycheck to 3 food workers at the NRG Stadium who lost everything during Harvey. THAT is what the NFL should be about.

beachbums avatar
4 44

Colin kaepernick is making good on his 1 million dollar pledge to various charities.
He isnt getting a paycheck.....

@2663365

Didn't know that, so thanks for the info. Can't say I'm a bit surprised, though.

@2663370

As so many are. There has been much in the local news about how badly Red Cross has done/is doing to help out.

@2663480

The Harris County Judge (Houston is in that county) didn't trust Red Cross with the huge county evacuation site that is in a huge convention center. Basically said this on the local news channel.

@2663875

Yeah, something like that.

@2664232

WOW! I knew there had been a scandal, but didn't remember that. To bad he didn't end up in jail for that.

@2664311

I know that I never see Wounded Warrior t-shirts like I used to. Sad. Our vets need every bit of support we can give them - certainly much more than whiny pro players of any sport.

@2664593

Enjoyed the chat - have a nice evening and a great weekend!

@2663365

I havent looked.
But....i imagine that giving to certain smaller charities would be overlooked.

Many players of varying sporting leagues give back to thier communities. Many come from very humble beginnings.

@2663495

Yeah, that made me pretty dang mad they did that. Was glad he resigned.

@Carla I havent looked. But....i imagine that giving to certain smaller charities would be overlooked. Many players of...

I agree that many do. I simply totally disagree with him and the others who take/took a knee. That is a slap in the face to the countless men and women who have given everything - their knees and more for this country. Sure there are issues, but taking a knee during the National Anthem isn't the best way of dealing with them. As for me, if I was an owner, any employee/player of mine who took a knee would be immediately fired. There are no shortages of players who wouldn't love to have their jobs.

@beachbum I agree that many do. I simply totally disagree with him and the others who take/took a knee. That is a slap in...

Taking a knee was a suggestion made by a war vet.
You have the right to be angry. They have the right to take a knee.

@Carla Taking a knee was a suggestion made by a war vet. You have the right to be angry. They have the right to take a knee.

They are protected from the government. Not their employer, sponsors, networks, or fans. Just sayin.

@Carla You're right. But who is making the loudest noise about it?

All he needs to do is send a couple of tweets and the media will make it the most important issue in the world for the next 2 weeks. I personally think he should shut up on the subject and let it die down, but that ain't gonna happen. :)

@Will_Janitor All he needs to do is send a couple of tweets and the media will make it the most important issue in the world for...

Yes. But as he has stated, or his mouthpieces have, those tweets are official presidential statements. To be archived and admired for generations to come!:)

I'm not angry, I simply don't agree with it. There is a time and place for everything, and the workplace isn't necessarily the time or place.

@Carla Colin kaepernick is making good on his 1 million dollar pledge to various charities. He isnt getting a paycheck.....

Actually he insured his 2017 salary in 2016 and he already collected 36 million, but at least he is doing something constructive. He may have been a case of good initiative but poor judgment. I guess we will see going forward. :)

@Will_Janitor Actually he insured his 2017 salary in 2016 and he already collected 36 million, but at least he is doing something...

I reckon.
I think i agree with what marky said on a different post.
The national anthem before each game? There is nothing patriotic about organized sporting events, other than international games like the olympics

@Carla I reckon. I think i agree with what marky said on a different post. The national anthem before each game? There...

Just tradition. Heck, there used to be prayers before each game too. It's not really a patriotic issue in my mind. It's about employees, companies, sponsors, fans, and a voracious media.

He already has lots of money. Watson is just starting out and he's already donating.

@2663312

Yes, he is. He seems to be a young man with a great deal of integrity and personal strength.

@2663319

You betcha!

That's outstanding!

@Will_Janitor That's outstanding!

Agree. As I told Linnester, he appears to be a real stand up kind of young man with a lot of integrity. I just hope the powers that be will build the Houston offense around him instead of trying to mold him into an offense that doesn't fit. But, they go for days and weeks without asking me what I think.

How very cool!

@Budwick How very cool!

Very cool, indeed. He grew up in a Habitat Home, so he's been there, done that.