Body Language: How much do you believe in it?

First of all: It's not conclusive. So why bother interpreting signals? Anyway...I find people are mostly nervous. Secondly: I am conscious of body language so I make sure I give out all the proper signals... So if you met me you'd think I really liked you...if you interpreted my body language.

Image for post **Body Language: How much do you believe in it?**
Sukiesnows avatar TV, Movies & Theatre
9 18

So, if i met you, you would be physically lying from the get go?

@Carla So, if i met you, you would be physically lying from the get go?

Would you then consider someone dressing up and wearing makeup...putting their best foot forward...as lying?

This post came to mind due to a TV show on Speed Dating and they were talking about how important Body Language was...

The only BL I interpret is nervousness...mostly since I can feel that, too... smirk2 smilie

@Sukiesnow Would you then consider someone dressing up and wearing makeup...putting their best foot forward...as lying? This...

No. Not the best foot thing. But consciously altering natural body language seems insincere.
I think i would sense that.

@Carla No. Not the best foot thing. But consciously altering natural body language seems insincere. I think i would sense that.

I mostly do it in serious interactions like interviews. But it's easy...do not cross your arms or legs...make some eye contact without staring...etc etc

@Sukiesnow I mostly do it in serious interactions like interviews. But it's easy...do not cross your arms or legs...make some...

I get that.
Those are things that you learn to not do.
Things that make you seem nervous and closed.

I believe we all read body language to various degrees. Why else would face-to-face communication be so much more informative than taking on the phone?

For the ones who can read it, body language can tell you a lot more than a person can.

@Sukiesnow Why do you say this?

Because I think people give out a lot about how they feel at the time by their body language. Every mimic, position of hands, posture, whether they avoid direct visual contact and so on.

@Sunny_the_skeptic Because I think people give out a lot about how they feel at the time by their body language. Every mimic, position...

It's possible someone who interviews people a lot and gets good at it...they might become better at noticing BL...but generally with friends...I just accept...focus more on what they say than do.

@2663994

I don't believe in language.

@PhilboydStudge Language is a virus.

Language makes people mad. Completely out of their minds.

It can be very powerful in communicating with people.

It's accurate.