+3

In life men have it easier than women. JMOO

I think I've had this post before. I would like to think differently about it. Life wasn't easy growing up with 5 women on a farm. Say something that will open my mind from being brought up thinking like that. Of course sometimes the sex thing is hard on men, I'll concede that, but just look at Trump... he's no angle angel... hellishly unattractive.... and it wasn't hard on him.

Sukiesnows avatar Life
4 32

There will always be advantages in being what you aren't, as viewed by the opposite sex.
What it really boils down to is, what trait would you rather have? Peeing standing up or multiple orgasms?

I believe I know what you're saying, but here are my thoughts.

Life is difficult and trying for everyone. From time to time each of us lives in our own little private hell. As far as I can tell men have it no easier than women.

I only know from experience.
I had to work much harder to be taken seriously. Always had to prove myself. Failure was expected, but not an option for me. But it was a different time. I know things have progressed, but it has been a slow go.

@Carla I only know from experience. I had to work much harder to be taken seriously. Always had to prove myself. Failure...

That is true...which is why I added the part about my background. Things are different now...but it's also possible that is only in my mind.

@Sukiesnow That is true...which is why I added the part about my background. Things are different now...but it's also...

No, successfully running a farm is hard for men. It is difficult, heavy labor. You must have been/are a strong woman.

@Carla No, successfully running a farm is hard for men. It is difficult, heavy labor. You must have been/are a strong woman.

All the women in my family had to be strong since we did the work of men. Personally I hated it...except for the fact of being around nature and animals. And, yea, there was some fun, I won't deny that. :)

@Carla It's good to look back and find the positives.

I do try to see both...but I was unhappy most of the time...and it was also largely to do with my tempestuous relationship with my mother....

@Sukiesnow I do try to see both...but I was unhappy most of the time...and it was also largely to do with my tempestuous...

Mother daughter dynamics can influence they way you see most everything. I can relate. Happiness isnt a description i use when recalling my youth either.

@2663995

Pouting got me slapped or grounded. Doe eyes and poor me wasnt a ploy i utilized.

@2663995

What does that have to do with who has the easier life?

Everyone has to work hard in life, I really hate such claims. You have some weird idea in your head about this, both men and women have pros and cons in society.

@Sunny_the_skeptic Like children of rich families?

Yes. Not all. Some have their own drive and desire to prove themselves. But even then, most of those types know they have a safety net.

@Carla Yes. Not all. Some have their own drive and desire to prove themselves. But even then, most of those types know...

I had a friend who's dad was rich from multiple businesses in town he was very strict with him even from 1st grade when we were 7. He pushed him very hard, I haven't seen him in years but I think they sent him to New York to study.

@Sunny_the_skeptic Everyone has to work hard in life, I really hate such claims. You have some weird idea in your head about this...

So...according to you and where you are in your life... women and men have equal hard times...

Sometimes it's good examining simple statements...just to see how people think.

@Sukiesnow So...according to you and where you are in your life... women and men have equal hard times... Sometimes it's good...

Well there certainly aren't no handouts, it's just as bad for anyone, you are worth what you are capable of.

@Sunny_the_skeptic Well there certainly aren't no handouts, it's just as bad for anyone, you are worth what you are capable of.

That isnt always true, sunny.
How you value yourself isnt always how others see it. No matter what you are capable of.

Privilege takes tons of forms and can can be intersectional. Men are privileged over women, unless the woman is white and educated and financially well-off and able-bodied and physically and mentally healthy and attractive and from a certain area of the world and Christian, while the man is a PoC and uneducated and poor and disabled and unhealthy and unattractive and from a different area of the world and non-Christian.

@Wunderscore Privilege takes tons of forms and can can be intersectional. Men are privileged over women, unless the woman is...

It's not always so much "privilege" of being white as it is in working for what you want. Calling something white privilege is just a way for many to justify to themselves that they did not succeed because they were not wealthy, good looking and white. When you look at it, there really aren't that many white people, men or women, who start out in life that way.
Hugh Hefner was not an educated wealthy white man. Oprah was not a wealthy educated white woman. I could go on and on listing page after page of examples.

@JustJimColo It's not always so much "privilege" of being white as it is in working for what you want. Calling something white...

You can not judge the experiences of a whole population by the experiences of two celebrities.

There is a disproportionate amount of POC who are in the lowest socioeconomic classes. There are other ways to be disadvantaged besides just in socioeconomics. For example, I am more likely to be hired for a job and less likely to be given a speeding ticket than my POC counterpart

@Wunderscore You can not judge the experiences of a whole population by the experiences of two celebrities. There is a...

It's like I said,... could give pages of examples (including thousands of professional athletes, actors, politicians, as well those in business) Actually, you are "less" likely to be hired for a federal job if you are white.
Though 10 percent of the U.S. civilian labor force, African-Americans are 18 percent of U.S. government workers. They are 25 percent of the employees at Treasury and Veterans Affairs, 31 percent of the State Department, 37 percent of Department of Education employees and 38 percent of Housing and Urban Development. They are 42 percent of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and Pension Benefit Guaranty Corp., 55 percent of the employees at the Government Printing Office and 82 percent at the Court Services and Offender Supervision Agency.

As far a the myth that offenders get off because they are white, offenders get off with lighter sentences when they get a lawyer, not because of color.

How? Do not use sjw feminist made up lies to prove your point use logic and fact

We will never know the complete struggles in life from one person to another, and grouping people off does not further understanding, but rather blocks and prevents it.

Vrendowls avatar Vrendowl Disagree 0Reply
Anonymous