How do Atheists explain the Bible codes found in the Bible referring to events that have occurred in recent history that read up and down like a crossword?

The Bible which was written over 3000 years ago has areas that when read up and down spell things like "Hitler", "extermination camps", "Jews" and "Kennedy", "assassinated", and they read like a crossword puzzle. Many Atheist scholars are in awe of this fact.

Image for post How do Atheists explain the Bible codes found in the Bible referring to events that have occurred in recent history that read up and down like a crossword?
0% They cant 19% They think it's fake 14% They aren't aware of it 67% Other
Jaxxis avatar News & Current Events
3 50

That's absolute bullcrap, the bible didnt predict hitler or kenedy

@Sunny_the_skeptic That's absolute bullcrap, the bible didnt predict hitler or kenedy

I think the reference is to finding word patterns in the bible that spell out words to future events. This is an example of how it works in Moby Dick.

http://users.cecs.anu.edu.au/~b...ugim/moby.html

@OzSurfer I think the reference is to finding word patterns in the bible that spell out words to future events. This is an...

Yeah but you can find all kinds of things this way that were dont with absolutely no such intention.

@Sunny_the_skeptic Yeah but you can find all kinds of things this way that were dont with absolutely no such intention.

I agree, the link I posted shows that it's just random if you go looking for it. I think there's another one done with war and peace.

@2664147

That aside, it just seems really stupid that the bible would concern itself with WWII or JFK or anyone in particular.

@2664160

Forced? Oh boy, bet you had a lot of restrictions during your childhood.

No it is not crap. If you read what Im telling you...when read up and down like a crossword puzzle it gives hints in sections that read " Hitler, extermination camps, genocide, Jews" it even has "9/11, twin towers," and scholars say if studied enough it could have clues of events to come. Look it up and see for yourself before you automatically dismiss it.

The bible is just another book.

From what I understand, computers are used to strip out all the spaces and punctuation marks and then search the remaining characters for patterns. Does every other letter spell something? How about every third character? And so on.

https://www.csicop.org/si/show/...the_bible_code

The author created his own pattern-searching algorithm and found the words "code" and "bogus" together 60 times in the KJV Genesis. He concludes..

The source of the mysterious “Bible code” has been revealed — it’s homo sapiens.

I don't know that Christians would accept these theories.

Prophecies in the Bible are Divinely inspired words of God. There are hundreds of prophecies in the Bible. Many of them have already come to pass. If you want to amaze your atheist friends, open a discussion about the odds of one book written so long ago could possibly have prophesied so accurately. (the odds are astoundingly small - so much as to say impossible)

IMO these Bible Codes are simple parlor tricks - nothing more.

@Budwick I don't know that Christians would accept these theories. Prophecies in the Bible are Divinely inspired words...

Which Bible prophecies have come to pass other than ones the Bible says came to pass with no other evidence.
You realize that if the future can be known there can be no free will, right?

@urwutuis Which Bible prophecies have come to pass other than ones the Bible says came to pass with no other evidence. You...

Prophecies written in the Bible and then came to pass [also written in the Bible] you will of course disregard.

I do understand the conflict you describe regarding predestination and free will. I find it interesting and struggle for understanding myself. The Church has had the same problem, it's been the foundation of factions and changes in the Church. I'm sorry - I don't have an explanation that I understand.

I do believe in many things. They include prophecy.

Bible - that book - I find fascinating. I'm not a Jebus freak, as you all well know, but some of these lunatics got certain details in the general direction, which is more than most of us can do. The problem with religious texts is that they can be translated to many languages and the original meaning gets lost over the years. For example, the original texts that are the core of the so-called holy book, didn't say "God", but it was a plural. Things get lost in translation and things can be interpreted in many ways, depending on the personal views of the interpreter. As far as I know, the King James' version is pretty close to the original versions, although it sill has that silly plural error.

That doesn't mean, that I believe in Bible with its many errors, but I do believe in good Christian values, which should be enough for all of us. I like and welcome Muslims - it's an Abrahamic religion and although their methods are quite harsh, every book can be interpreted as the reader him- or herself wishes to. Hell, IRA was a Christian group. So, it's not so much about the religion itself, but it's about the possibility of actual prophecies being in those texts - even though they might conflict with each other. But... Most of us do play the lottery every now and then, so everything is possible. I might even wake up once a day to find out, that I am a total dick.

@2664193

My reasoning.

@2664195

You need not be a christian to read the bible, or a muslim, or jewish or whatever to read other texts.
I believe jesus was a real man. A good and kind man. But a man just the same.

@2664236

Yeah, Man can come back to life after dying - it happens in emergency vehicles, ER rooms, on hospital beds....

@2664167

During my teens and early 20s I delved into the bible, Christian radio, Christian fellowship, and Sunday worship - speaking with priests and ministers for "clarification" in many areas. After sifting through what they and the bible had to offer, it was plain to me that I was being fed a lot of man-made BS - not that it was intentionally malicious, just constructed to steer people in a direction that had nothing to do with a deity, an afterlife, nor anything that came with it - rather a "how to" book that offered consolation, guidelines, and warnings. After all that, I figured it wouldn't take much by using my commonsense to effect the same results and, viola, no more need for religious instruction and mystery.

@2664167

Ive read the bible. Most i know have.
It's a good read.

@2664196

Well....
I dont believe in a god.
I am not certain what happens when we die. Havent done that yet.

@2664259

Sounds like a plan:)

An off-the-cuff guess (at best) would be that the bible's text is very likely to give a multitude of "code" choices by the innumerable characters within the thick text.

Simple, if you tell enough general stories some of them have to repeat and come true. I'm not an atheist, I believe in God, and yet I know there are tricks to predicting things, and connecting dots to make people believe someone predicted something when really they didn't.

There are non-bible ones too.... basically some people predicted thousands if not millions or billions of stories and some people relate an event to what they said... that doesn't mean what they predicted was correct, but that someone identifies with that... but you can get people to identify with a lot of different things.

Such as Nostradamus predicted the 9/11 attacks ... but it's all general and different people could connect the dots in any way they want, even misleading ways.

This
+ is "post event prediction". In other words bullshit.
Does that clear it up?

@2664322

Do you mean like the respect you show for the "NASTY SATANS" with their closed minds?
How many Atheists have you known

Anonymous