Ever Had An Ocular Migraine?

They are sort of "psychedelic", without the LSD. :)

Image for post Ever Had An Ocular Migraine?
Piper2s avatar Health, Beauty & Fitness
16 57

Yes I have. I felt like I was in the twilight zone. Nothing looked real, I would ask a question, and wasn't sure if I had asked it. I actually thought I was having a stroke, had no idea what it was. But my optometrist told me it was a migraine without the pain. It was very scary.

I have also suffered with the regular migraines for a number of years, which were very painful.

@StarzAbove Yes I have. I felt like I was in the twilight zone. Nothing looked real, I would ask a question, and wasn't...

It IS sort of like of that, in a way. I thought something must be terribly wrong, like a stroke, the first time I experienced the jagged flashing images and blocked off places in my vision. I never even knew what it was , until about 10 years ago.

'Regular' migraines are far more debilitating than the ocular kind, I'm sure. I'm glad you're not suffering from those anymore.

@Piper2 It IS sort of like of that, in a way. I thought something must be terribly wrong, like a stroke, the first...

Nothing looked real to me, I remember looking at a tree and it didn't seem real.

Thanks, I had migranes for a long time, took all kinds of tests, but finally I was subscribed a miracle drug. And haven't had even a headache for about 5 years.

No, but it sounds painful. Hope you feel better!😙

@Will_Janitor No, but it sounds painful. Hope you feel better!😙

Thank you, Will. They aren't usually painful, just very distracting and a little "trippy". :)

@2665291

Yes, regular migraines sure can, and I'm very thankful that I've not I've not had one of those.

@2665299

Thank you. :)

No....sounds interested....

Headaches...and the flu...is something the world would be better off without. Just think about all the productivity missed due to these.

@Sukiesnow No....sounds interested.... Headaches...and the flu...is something the world would be better off without. Just...

They ARE sort of "interesting", Sukie. Out of the blue, whatever you're doing, you get an odd sort of feeling. Then, you start seeing jagged flashing lights in your vision, and sometimes blocks where you can hardly see out of one eye.

@Piper2 They ARE sort of "interesting", Sukie. Out of the blue, whatever you're doing, you get an odd sort of feeling...

There is a problem with something bad happening "out of the blue"... First of all sometimes you get the feeling people don't believe you...unless they really understand you... Secondly...you have to go through life always saying "Some days are good...some days...not-so-good...when people ask how you are doing..... You can never wholeheartedly say you are GREAT, since the next day you might be stricken...so it always serves to hedge your bets.

@Sukiesnow There is a problem with something bad happening "out of the blue"... First of all sometimes you get the feeling...

That is all true. Not so much though, about having ocular migraines now and then. Being a little late to work a couple of times, and being unable to to concentrate on a task at hand, is about the worst thing that usually happens. For me, anyway.

Let's see...

Both of my shoulders are bad, but the other one has been shot thrice, which in itself must be worth of the title of World Champion. Twice during the peacekeeping and once in Finland, by a random yobbo.

Both of my knees are bad, really bad. I was a stupid kid, who liked playing basketball and I also had a brief, yet unsuccessful, career as a powerlifter. I got up to 167,5 (sorry, using comma as the decimal separator) kg in bench press and then my wrists started hurting badly.

I have two bulged discs in my spine, both of which cause constant pain and I really like to get drunk just to get rid of the pain. My eyes are bleeding water all the time, because I was exposed to some silly chemical during the UN missions. And I'm generally fucked up.

Headache? Not usually. Migraine? Not usually.

EDIT: Sometimes my hands go completely dead, to the point where they simply can't do anything. Just limpdick lumps of meat. Shaking them enough does help, but it takes time.

No, but sounds like the first one would be very disturbing.
As an adolescent, i suffered from migraines, they thankfully stopped when i was in my late teens.

I carry a constant headache with me, nowadays. It can become very nasty.

No, just the normal variety and then, only once.

Yes.:-/

My wife gets these occasionally. She has described the experience to me a few times but it's one of those things that's really difficult to imagine.

@2665365

Thank you. I know from what I've heard, that 'regular' migraines are quite, very painful and debilitating. It was kind of you to do what you could, for someone suffering from those.

I would, from two incidences 44 years ago. I'm just about positive that it has nothing to do my ocular migraines, however. The only other persons I've ever known who have them, are my father and now Starz. I'm just about positive, that neither of them ever 'experimented' with LSD.

Yes, and they suck!

@JustJimColo Yes, and they suck!

They are very distracting and intrusive, for sure.

@Piper2 They are very distracting and intrusive, for sure.

It's scary when your eyesight goes haywire. You aren't sure if it will come back.

@2666062

Me too, on both counts. I know many people have never even heard of them, probably because they are rare.

@2667669

I can't either, Brianl. Do you sometimes get a brief dull headache and nausea when they happen to you?

@2668700

That's good! I feel very fortunate that I don't either, except these weird optical kind.

@2668087

Thanks. I've been having them since I was in my 20's though, so I'm pretty sure they aren't an indication of a serious health problem.

Yes when my eye ulcerated and it was a nightmare

@Jaxxi Yes when my eye ulcerated and it was a nightmare

Having an ulcerated eye had to have been very painful. :(

No, just headaches, from time to time and, sometimes, irritated eyes.

Yes,I thought I had a brain tumor.

10-5-17 This one has been up long enough

@LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred 10-5-17 This one has been up long enough

The OP, being me, had nothing to with it being a "The Post of the Day" this evening.