I'm so screwed... an update on the situation with my landlady.

If you don't know about it and want to know, see my post about being unfairly kicked out from a place you're renting.... - So, since I was kicked out, one of my mum's friends said I could stay with her. All good. I was pissed about the way my ex-landlady treated me and that's obvious from the post. I was thinking of reporting her to the finances since she's renting the place illegally, but I don't have all the information I need to do that, so that was a lost case. Anyway, that was that. Then today, after I took my stuff out, I went to say goodbye to one of my roommates, I went back to my room, made sure I didn't left anything behind and looked out from the window. When I turned, my mum's friend has stripped the bed and dumped detergent (to clean the floor, with a strong smell of ammonia) on it. On the bed, on the floor, and on some of the furniture. I yelled at her to stop, but she did as she wanted. Then she took the keys. I told her to give it to me, more than twice, so I could put the keys on the drawer that I told the landlady I would leave them, and she refused (she said she was going to throw them in the trash), then got mad at me for being mad with her... what the actual fuck?! I was done with this. I was ready to forget this woman and just move on with my life, and my mum's friends decides to act like a high school bully to "teach her a lesson so she thinks twice the next time she tries to throw someone out like she did with me"?! My mum's friend is fine, the landlady won't come after her. She's going to think I'm the one that did that shit! And one of the roommates is a good friend of mine and the landlady knows that. She's going to involved her on this shit... for fuck's sake! I'm too old for this kind of crap.

Sofias avatar Jokes & Humour
7 29
@2666364

I'm so done with this, and I don't see her just letting it go.

I just hope she doesn't involve my friend in it. She really doesn't deserve this crap.

Wow! Now that was an unexpected turn of events. I feel for you, but one thing to keep in mind for the future: Someday when this is over and you are feeling good about your situation, this is going to be a great story to tell your friends and family. You will probably laugh until your stomach cramps. Especially with what your mom's friend did! Hopefully that time will come soon! :)

Wait so your mom has a friend who offered you a room but she's being a bitch too? What did your mother say? I can imagine how hard it is to find a decent rent in a packed city full of students. I sure feel glad that I've never had problems with my landlords, mine lives just next door.

@Sunny_the_skeptic Wait so your mom has a friend who offered you a room but she's being a bitch too? What did your mother say? I can...

My mum was shocked. But I don't think she'll loose any sleep over this - she's not a fan of the woman at the moment and she doesn't believe the woman will do anything. I hope she's right. I have enough stress as it is.

It's not easy, true. The latter you get the room, the higher the chance that the prices will be obnoxiously high.

I loved my first landlords. Very nice couple.

@Sofia Yup. I'm staying at her place.

I think you should have a back up backup plan in case this one goes mad too. I'm really lucky that my landlady is cool.

@Sunny_the_skeptic I think you should have a back up backup plan in case this one goes mad too. I'm really lucky that my landlady is cool.

She won't put me on the street, of that I'm sure. Anyway, we already talked. She knows I'm not happy about what happened, and that's that.

Wow. sad smilie I feel for you.
I really wish I could do something to help. I hope it all ends well.

I really think it will end well. You're not alone in this situation - there are other people in your family who want the best for you and they won't let things take a bad turn.

This to will come to pass.