mona1986s avatar Politics
5 33

That's the nature of the human species, each person has their own opinion. The beauty of a tolerant society is that we respect each others' opinions without judging those who do not share ours.

@VicZinc That's the nature of the human species, each person has their own opinion. The beauty of a tolerant society is...

replace babies with blacks during slavery, or germans under hitler, you still willing to stand by "tolerance"? murder is murder, and when done by the millions its GENOCIDE! are you really suggesting we tolerate genocide?

anyone who is against jew genocide, but tells people to tolerate abortion are hypocrites at best

@Anonymousmouse replace babies with blacks during slavery, or germans under hitler, you still willing to stand by "tolerance"?...

I reject both arguments.

Unless you soundly reject war in all forms, and capital punishment of any type do not lecture me on murder.

Do not lecture me on murder unless you support universal health care for all people, unless you support universal nutrition for all children, do not lecture me on murder.

I reject that abortion is murder, I do not accept that a fetus and a human necessarily have the same rights. I complete reject the idea that an embryo has the rights of an adult human.

Second I reject that "killing by the millions is genocide." Genocide is killing of people who share genetic traits. Abortion, as it is used in this context does not target specific races or cultures.

@VicZinc I reject both arguments. Unless you soundly reject war in all forms, and capital punishment of any type do not...

right back at you, if you are against a punishment for a criminal who committed a crime, you had best be against the murder of an innocent human baby.
funny how liberals are against a punishment for CRIMINALS, but ok with murder of INNOCENT people. liberals are a disturbing group of people and thats putting it in the most political correct way i can!

does personal responsibility mean anything to liberals??!?!?!?!???? if you cannot afford to raise your kids, which includes paying for their meals and paying for their medical and education then DON'T have kids, but do not murder for the lack of personal responsibility!!!!

yes just like hitler rejected that jews and humans had the same rights, or blacks and humans had the same rights. you're argument isn;t new, it has been used to justify past slavery and genocides. you are no better.

wrong, abortion has targeted black and minority groups, sure anyone can murder their babies, but abortion corporations target certain communities 100%.
how often will a doctor if the child will have disabilities will tell the parents they should murder (abort) their human child?

@VicZinc goose and gander

like i said you are a hypocrite if you think abortion is any different then jew genocide or black slavery, weather you admit to it or not you are. and so is anyone else who supports abortion but are against genocide of other (labelled as non human) humans

@Anonymousmouse like i said you are a hypocrite if you think abortion is any different then jew genocide or black slavery, weather...

I disagree.

The debate over the rights of the unborn is not the same as the debate over the right of adult humans.

It is not.

@VicZinc I disagree. The debate over the rights of the unborn is not the same as the debate over the right of adult...

And if you where to talk to hurler he would tell you the same. Just replace unborn with Jews.

You might as well be hitler if you support murdering innocent human beings. A fetus has his or her own human DNA and a beating heart after two weeks. If you think they don’t have rights you have disgusting morals.

@VicZinc Good to know we are having a civil debate and aren't just going to call each other names.

Calling out what I see that is all. It is a scientific fact that a fetus is as much human as you or I are. You support killing them by the droves. What makes you better then hitler? You are after all using the exact same arguments he did to kill Jews

@Anonymousmouse Calling out what I see that is all. It is a scientific fact that a fetus is as much human as you or I are. You...

Except:

1) I said "The beauty of a tolerant society is that we respect each others' opinions without judging those who do not share ours." I did not say I supported abortion - I support choice.

2) Hitler killed people (i.e., those already born). Abortion is about the unborn. In my opinion that is a different matter.

3) I respect your opinion. I ask that you respect my opinion that "That's the nature of the human species, each person has their own opinion."

4) After Hitler was gone, the extermination of jews stopped. After abortion clinics close - the number of abortions does not go down, only the quality of care does.

There are many sides to this coin.

@Anonymousmouse right back at you, if you are against a punishment for a criminal who committed a crime, you had best be against...

"how often will a doctor if the child will have disabilities will tell the parents they should murder (abort) their human child?"

No, I don't think so.

Not even the same, and what a disrespectful thing to say about those who lost their lives in concentration camps, along with those that survived.

@dru18 Not even the same, and what a disrespectful thing to say about those who lost their lives in concentration camps...

HOW CAN YOU SAY it is not the same? abortion murders a human life as much as jew genocide did.

so comparing the one genocide to another is disrespectful? give me a break.

jews would understand the suffering those babies go through because they faced it themselves.

here is an abortion survivor:

@Anonymousmouse HOW CAN YOU SAY it is not the same? abortion murders a human life as much as jew genocide did. so comparing the...

And that is suppose to sway me?

A group of people who were overworked, tortured, experimented on, starved, until finally, the remaining lucky ones were sent to the ovens, is not the same as a fetus being aborted.

And while we are on the subject, do you know how many CHILDREN, AND BABIES were euthanized over in Germany by "doctors", because Hitler viewed them as inferior?

Or the mentally ill, along with the elderly.

@dru18 And that is suppose to sway me? A group of people who were overworked, tortured, experimented on, starved, until...

being torn apart limb from limb, or tortured with a solution that literally burns the baby to death is the same.

on your last two points, what is your point with saying that??? it really only further proves my point that abortion is EVIL and murder and down rigth wrong!

everything Hitler did was evil. and aborting babies was his idea and was just as wrong as putting a jew in a camp and torturing them to death.

why do you side with Hitlers view on other human beings?

@Anonymousmouse being torn apart limb from limb, or tortured with a solution that literally burns the baby to death is the same...

YOU are the one who made the comparison, not me.

And it is not the same!

A fetus does not even develop 'pain receptors' until the 28th week.

Whereas a baby already here, along with children and adults can FEEL pain!

@dru18 YOU are the one who made the comparison, not me. And it is not the same! A fetus does not even develop 'pain...

I did and you said Hitler killed babies as if you thought it would change my mind, no it only proves my point.

and did you know that in north america abortion is legal up until the day before he or she is born? and is feeling pain really a determining factor of being human? give me a break. if we are going to use something a human is lacking as justification to kill them, then why stop and the unborn?

a nation that doesn;t care about the rights of the unborn is a nation that does not care about any rights, PERIOD!

@Anonymousmouse I did and you said Hitler killed babies as if you thought it would change my mind, no it only proves my point. and...

Bull! Late term abortions are only allowed in some states, and only when the mother is in danger. You guys made a big stink about that awhile ago, without acknowledging that it was a procedure that was hardly ever performed.

So stop acting like every state allows it, and that everyone is getting one.

Pain receptors are known to develop as early as the 20th week... sometimes later - just saying :)

@PartyOfOne Pain receptors are known to develop as early as the 20th week... sometimes later - just saying :)

Please don't be "just saying" until you have done the reading.

And I will believe the medical experts before I believe you, if you don't mind.

That is your choice and I support your decision not to have an abortion. I also support the choice of other women who decide to have an abortion.

if you are not ready/ can't afford to raise the child the person can give their child for adoption instead

This has been a very good post, Mona - thought-provoking.

After having worked in a neonatal intensive care unit for nearly two and a half years, I've learned to appreciate both sides of the abortion issue, both from the views of fathers- and mothers-to-be and the medical community. I can see it as being best when mothers- or parents-to-be make their decision, under the law, along with advice from a licensed obstetric professional.

I have never had a child, so I can't envision being sad over a miscarriage, I know it hurts their feelings not getting what they wanted a baby, but how can you get attached to something never seen?

The circumstances matter immensely. Is the mother gonna die? Is the baby gonna die? Was it rape? Ca she mentally,physically, and financially care for the child? "Pro life" efforts are only focused on taking away the right to safe,legal abortion. They don't give a crap if these kids can eat, go to school, have clean drinking water, or have healthcare. To them, women are only fetus incubators. Sorry to burst your bubble, but women are actual human beings with lives outside of breeding. If these people truly cared about "the babies" they wouldn't' steal food stamps , they wouldn't force them to go back to work when their bodies aren't even healed. It's NEVER EVER been about "the babies". It's always been about taking away women's rights. If they wanted to stop abortion, they'd teach sex ed,they'd stop trying to take away birth control, and they'd give he children and mothers resources ot be able to survive and live AFTER BIRTH.

Anonymous