I just endorced the book....the godfather. For some, a long read. I hope the reader/s enjoy it. Do you think it was a good suggestion, or did i advocate for wasted time? It was realeased in 1969. But ive read it at least 3 times, something i seldom do, and very much enjoyed it.

Image for post I just endorced the book....the godfather. For some, a long read. I hope the reader/s enjoy it. Do you think it was a good suggestion, or did i advocate for wasted time? It *was* realeased in 1969. But ive read it at least 3 times, something i seldom do, and very much enjoyed it.
Carlas avatar Language
12 22

I'm going to have to read it in the near future. Does it have the same lines in it that are so often quoted from the movie?

Like: "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

It seems that everyone agrees with you!

I'll get it - somehow - at a second hand bookshop...or something....

@Sukiesnow It seems that everyone agrees with you! I'll get it - somehow - at a second hand bookshop...or something....

I will bet you can get it at one of those places. I have my mothers copy. Might even read it again myself...

@Carla Hospital???????

I'm in for a small procedure with lengthy recoup at the end of Oct. If I'm away for a couple of days...this is why...

C'mon...you were in for serious ops and didn't tell the world.

It sounds perfectly appropriate that you endorsed it. It's possible that they will see the same thing you saw, and greatly enjoy it too, and I think that possibility is worth recommending it. Otherwise, they might never get the opportunity to check it out.

It's a great book. I read it when it was first released and again many years later.

The Godfather is a great read. I've posted this before, but many classics, which are also great reads can be downloaded for free from Gutenberg.org They have over 50,000 free books. If you want free classics on audio, go to librivox.org

An excellent choice, Carla.

It reminds of other, a bit older classics, like

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T...hers_Karamazov

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Godfather_(novel)

clap smiliesmile smilie

@Marianne An excellent choice, Carla. It reminds of other, a bit older classics, like...

Alright... i will look for the first, make it a winter goal.
Thank you.

@Carla Alright... i will look for the first, make it a winter goal. Thank you.

Lol, Carla, I know, it is not so modern, but I hope that you like it, although it is a very tragic story. Quite a few elements suit our present times.