+1

When will conservatives realize gun control does not mean banning them? It means having common sense about them.

Image for post When will conservatives realize gun control does not mean banning them? It means having common sense about them.
Mcflys avatar Politics
7 23

I don't understand how people could object to preventing mentally ill people, or people with a violent history from obtaining guns, and requiring proper gun safety.
It wouldn't have prevented what happened in Las Vegas, and some people are still going to get them illegally, but it would still help to reduce a number of shootings.
Most gun owners are responsible, but there's a lot of dipshits out there who need a background check or even just some proper education before going out and buying one.
It's like letting anyone and everyone drive a forklift before any kind of training. Instead of properly trained, responsible forklift drivers, you'd get a lot of dipshits trying to pop a wheelie in it and ending up killing themselves and/or others, and other people trying to use the forklift for much more heinous purposes.

As long as there's big money involved some politicians will continue to tow the line for the gun lobby. That's the reality.

McLie might have a reasonable question except that government has proven time and time again that it can not be trusted to do what they said they would do. It's crystal clear the left end game is to confiscate every weapon in the country so that citizens are defenseless against tyranny.

Budwicks avatar Budwick Disagree +4Reply
@Budwick McLie might have a reasonable question except that government has proven time and time again that it can not be...

That is the insane thinking that causes insane people to do insane things.

I am buried deep into the "left" all my friends and family, too.
No one wants guns taken away from sane responsible adults.
But a man who buys 33 guns in a year and tons of ammo? That should throw red flags flying.

@Carla That is the insane thinking that causes insane people to do insane things. I am buried deep into the "left" all my...

You realize the left is already circling the wagons to repeal the 2nd amendment.

You want to dial back the insanity claim?

Budwicks avatar Budwick Disagree +1Reply
@Budwick You realize the left is already circling the wagons to repeal the 2nd amendment. You want to dial back the...

Ive not heard or read any such thing. I heard the same thing during obamas administration.
No ones guns are going to be taken away. Although as evidenced last weekend, some should never have gotten them.

@Carla Ive not heard or read any such thing. I heard the same thing during obamas administration. No ones guns are going...

Check a few other sources. I found these between phone calls over the past 10 minutes.
Michael Moore
Wahington Post
Rolling Stone
Vanity Fair
Hillary Clinton - [Bodies are still warm and wind is from the west so, ...]
Jimmy Kimmel
New York Times
Rep. Mike Doyle, D-Pa
Rep. Keith Ellison, D-Minn
Retired liberal justice John Paul Stevens
MoveOn.org
DailyKOS
BostonHerald

Budwicks avatar Budwick Disagree +2Reply
@Budwick Check a few other sources. I found these between phone calls over the past 10 minutes. Michael Moore Wahington...

Still..no one wants to take guns away. Tighter checks, stopping folks from owning arsenals, keeping them out of the hands of children. All rather reasonable.

I like the ideas ive heard....start signing up latino and black folks to the nra in droves. Arm those communities to the teeth. Lets see how that goes...

@Carla Still..no one wants to take guns away. Tighter checks, stopping folks from owning arsenals, keeping them out of the...

I just gave you a list of people and organizations that DO want guns confiscated.

I think it's a great idea for blacks, Latinos, everyone to join the NRA! The more people aware of and practicing gun safety - the better!

According to FBI statistics, in 2013, knives or other cutting instruments were used to kill 1,490 victims. In contrast, rifles were the cause of death of 285 murder victims (Yes, that includes the so called assault rifles). Shotguns were used in 308 murders. In 2009, the ratio was very similar: knives were used in five times as many murders as rifles.
When it comes to keeping guns out of the hands of the mentally ill, I agree and disagree. What constitutes being mentally ill or impaired? Is it a person who has this disorder, that disorder, or who simply isn't politically correct? Does it include people who have ADHD or PTSD? There is no definition of what mental conditions constitute being ineligible to own a gun.
When I read various posts about what constitutes "common sense", do we abide by the left's views, or the right's? To some, being gay would classify as a mental disorder. To others, being OCD would be a mental disorder. The minute people start dictating just who should or should not own a gun based on their own personal views is the day we are all in jeopardy of losing that right. Before we start generalizing, lets define what common sense is.

@2668049

And, there it is! Confiscate the guns!

@2668610

Sounds to me like to you suggested that Obama should have!

You put your own foot in your mouth. Don't blame me for it's taste!

Yes...what you said.

Not that I would mind a ban

we have already tried that, all your schools, all your areas where mass shootings occured have gun control, how did that work out for the defenseless victims???