+13

Always remember it is only when our own daylight fades that the true universe is revealed to us.

Image for post Always remember it is only when our own daylight fades that the true universe is revealed to us.
VicZincs avatar Religion
9 42

And isnt it beautiful?

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +7Reply

Indeed.

It is only when we open our eyes that anything can be revealed.

Vrendowls avatar Vrendowl Disagree +1Reply

Gosh Vic, your opinions regarding truth seem to change quite often. It's almost like you jump to not believing in truth as an escape when caught in other lies. Is it hard living with that persona every day? Or, do you get used to it?

@Budwick Gosh Vic, your opinions regarding truth seem to change quite often. It's almost like you jump to not believing in...

I never said truth doesn't exist, only that we as humans are incapable of knowing it. (Your belief in Adam's Apple notwithstanding. )

This post is consistent with that thinking once you realize that the fading light is a metaphor for death.

@VicZinc I never said truth doesn't exist, only that we as humans are incapable of knowing it. (Your belief in Adam's Apple...

Yes, of course.

It must be wonderfully convenient to be able to alter definitions according to your own whims. [You realize that your credibility goes out the window, right? Or, should I say - is a fading light.]

@Budwick Yes, of course. It must be wonderfully convenient to be able to alter definitions according to your own whims...

Interesting take.

Some people call it poetry or creativity, some simply
say it is open-mindedness. There are people who actually find virtue in being able to view a subject from more than one angle; in being able to make connection and "connexions" that lesser minds cannot fathom.

But you are probably right. If I were superhuman like you I would know that every word only has one meaning and that poetry is folly, and discussion is unnecessary after you've bitten the right apple.

@VicZinc Interesting take. Some people call it poetry or creativity, some simply say it is open-mindedness. There are...

What you are calling creative poetry, I am calling deceit. Where you find virtue in leading people down irrelevant rabbit holes, I find dishonesty. It's the 'lesser minds' that progressives prey on.

@Budwick What you are calling creative poetry, I am calling deceit. Where you find virtue in leading people down irrelevant...

Sure. People have called lots of 'stories' deceit. Moby Dick? completely made up. The Great Gatsby? Fake, Fake , Fake!

I even know some people that have the audacity to say the bible itself is fake news. WTH Bud? Can you believe those fools?

@VicZinc Sure. People have called lots of 'stories' deceit. Moby Dick? completely made up. The Great Gatsby? Fake...

Are you honestly comparing your drivel with Moby Dick, The Great Gatsby or the Bible?

Your ego is even bigger than I thought!

@Budwick Are you honestly comparing your drivel with Moby Dick, The Great Gatsby or the Bible? Your ego is even bigger...

No bud just saying it is all made up. All of it. We can not know the truth.

It is ALL lies.

@Budwick And that's why I say that your credibility is out the window.

If you want to continue I will.

If you can provide one clear argument for any absolute truth that is not definitional - I will repent and publicly apologize to you and all of Amirite.

If you cannot then you will stop trying to convince me that you know the truth about anything.

@VicZinc If you want to continue I will. If you can provide one clear argument for any absolute truth that is not...

WTF is that supposed mean?

"The Sun rose this morning." - Truth.
That's truth in the real world.
No one lives in your philosophical mumbo jumbo world.

@Budwick WTF is that supposed mean? "The Sun rose this morning." - Truth. That's truth in the real world. No one lives in...

I do. And as Thinkerbell pointed out, it did not. You probably rotated past it.

Anyway we are done here. Better men than I have already won this argument.

@Thinkerbell Yes you did, Vic...

I did. I was inconsistent. I am human. Please forgive me you all knowing godlike being.

@VicZinc I did. I was inconsistent. I am human. Please forgive me you all knowing godlike being.

Is that the way to respond to someone willing to spend some time to help you improve yourself?

You know, many people find that life is a lot more fun and easier and more fulfilling when they are consistent and honest with themselves and others.

I wish you luck with that, in your life.

@Budwick Is that the way to respond to someone willing to spend some time to help you improve yourself? You know, many...

Thanks Bud!

You know, many people find that life is a lot more fun and easier and more fulfilling when they are open minded and can see connections that other don't see. If they are willing to consider possibility and aren't so steadfast. Some people are so set-in-their-ways that even a teeny-tiny deviation sets them into a compete tizzy.

Here's a story I read a long time ago, princess.

http://hca.gilead.org.il/princess.html

@VicZinc Thanks Bud! You know, many people find that life is a lot more fun and easier and more fulfilling when they are...

And the prince was a dodo for marrying such a snowflake of a princess who got black and blue bruises from lying on a pea that was under twenty mattresses and twenty eider down beds.

In fact, she wasn't a princess at all.

She was a liberal student at Berkeley.

@Thinkerbell And the prince was a dodo for marrying such a snowflake of a princess who got black and blue bruises from lying on...

Bud and you are probably not liberal students at Berkeley. But you do bruise easily. One little pea of a contradiction and you two are like whiny little babies - "'oh Vic lied to us, he's so stupid, he should be more like us. Vic is like a pea under my mattress and I'll never sleep until I wheedle him out of my life."

@VicZinc Bud and you are probably not liberal students at Berkeley. But you do bruise easily. One little pea of a...

Vic, I spend more time with you than any other liar in my life. All other liars are simply not in my life.

You spew your lies and deceit every day. If it bothers you - being called out and exposed - I'm cool with that.

I think your attempt to shame myself and Thinkerbell for exposing your deceit is hilarious.

@Budwick Vic, I spend more time with you than any other liar in my life. All other liars are simply not in my life. You...

Then I am happy to contribute such excitement to your otherwise boring and miserable life.

If you want (if you want) to get to heaven
Over on (over on) the other shore
Stay out of the way of the long-tongue liar
Oh good shepherd
Feed my sheep

One for Paul
One for Silas
One for to make my heart rejoice
Can't you hear my lambs are callin'
Oh good shepherd
Feed my sheep

@VicZinc If you want (if you want) to get to heaven Over on (over on) the other shore Stay out of the way of the long-tongue...

researching
inconsistencies...
now where should I begin?

and what's that fellow's
name again?
I think it's Vic... Vic... Tin hehe smilie

what dodgy Vic
styles little peas
as he complains and smolders

are really
inconsistencies
that have the mass of boulders biggrin smilie

@Thinkerbell what dodgy Vic styles little peas as he complains and smolders are really inconsistencies that have the mass of...

Spoken like a true princess. Because what one member on Amirite says has the weight of what? Treatise? Proclamation? Scripture?

Oh we need to stop VicZinc his post might change the course of history. Help! Everyone help me, Vic is going to make another earth-shattering statement.

You are a VERY inconsistent human.

Much more so than most.

Consider yourself forgiven, but do try to do better next time. biggrin smilie

P.S. Why does this comment of mine disappear when I log out? Is someone resorting to censorship perchance?
http://www.amirite.com/815375-a...-to-us/2669515

@VicZinc I can't see a comment there what does it say?

It says (when I log in),

the armchair sage
will often post
a deeply-held conviction

but if you check
his previous stuff
there's much self-contradiction

Vic, I thought you said there is no truth.

Did you change your mind? biggrin smilie

http://www.amirite.com/814664-i...hat-they-alone

@VicZinc Did your daylight fade? I'll miss you.

the armchair sage
will often post
a deeply-held conviction

but if you check
his previous stuff
there's much self-contradiction biggrin smilie