+3

It seems like those that tell me we need to bear arms to guard against a tyrannical government, are the same ones that insist I honor my president, my flag, our warriors, &c. They erect statues to men who took up arms attempting to set the union asunder, yet they disparage those who chant slogans suggesting violent overthrow. It all seems very hypocritical to me.

Image for post It seems like those that tell me we need to bear arms to guard against a tyrannical government, are the same ones that insist I honor my president, my flag, our warriors, &c.  They erect statues to men who took up arms attempting to set the union asunder, yet they disparage those who chant slogans suggesting violent overthrow.  It all seems very hypocritical to me.
VicZincs avatar Politics
6 22

The whole thing about NFL players not standing for the national anthem is a gift to this administration. They can play to their base and simultaneously distract the country from more important issues. Having Pence attend a game, just so that he could later walk out, is this administration's attempt at continuing the "controversy".

@PhilboydStudge The whole thing about NFL players not standing for the national anthem is a gift to this administration. They can...

So, let me get this straight.
It's cool for players to disrespect America - it's 'their right'.
But the president and vice president don't have a right to their own protest?

That sounds a bit one sided to me.

Budwicks avatar Budwick Disagree 0Reply
@Budwick So, let me get this straight. It's cool for players to disrespect America - it's 'their right'. But the president...

No, they all have the right. My point is that there are much more important issues than this nonsense.

@PhilboydStudge No, they all have the right. My point is that there are much more important issues than this nonsense.

So, the president and vice president are not allowed any down time?

PS - Disrespecting America is not nonsense. It's more like a disease. Symptoms include calling out the president and vice president for sticking up for their country.

Budwicks avatar Budwick Disagree 0Reply
@Budwick So, the president and vice president are not allowed any down time? PS - Disrespecting America is not nonsense...

Of course they are. I have no problem with Pence going to an NFL game (or whatever). My point is that it seems the administration is trying to keep this issue on the front burner.

For argument sake, I'll agree that taking a knee during the nation anthem to protest is disrespecting America, there are still much more important issues. Budget. Deficit. Health Care. Foreign affairs.

@PhilboydStudge Of course they are. I have no problem with Pence going to an NFL game (or whatever). My point is that it seems...

I agree! Fortunately the administration is addressing each and every one! Congress on the other hand ...

Budwicks avatar Budwick Disagree -1Reply

I'm protecting Finland against space goats and Darth Vader.

@AliceD Ha, the reptilians will get you then!

I have set explosives to my neighbor's iguana. That should scare them off.

Of course it sounds that way to you! That's because you have a progressive agenda and would like America to be a distant memory.

You think you're clever in mixing all that stuff together as if they are related.

The original purpose of the 2nd amendment was indeed to protect against a tyrannical government. A student of actual history could explain in detail as to why the founders sought their independence from Great Britain. And, how the founders wanted to ensure that future American citizens had a chance in fighting back against a government that got out of hand.

That has nothing to do with your next complaint - honoring your country. Of course in reality no one is insisting that you honor anything. The country wide issue is that the NFL players are disrespecting the country. And they even say that they're not!

The statutes you are bitching about were put up a hundred years ago or more. Recently, your progressive pals suddenly decided to take offense at the century old statues. So BEGINS THEIR ATTEMPT TO ERASE HISTORY.

And, progressives chanting they want to kill police officers is a cause worth fighting against.

Not surprisingly, the OP is on the wrong side of each of these issues.

Budwicks avatar Budwick Disagree 0Reply
@2670124

Except confederates, they're cool - right?

It's almost comical watching some people use words like tyranny to describe a government just because it isn't pandering to their agendas. They really don't even have a clue what the words mean. It just make them look like fools.

tyranny - a form of government in which the ruler is an absolute dictator (not restricted by a constitution or laws or opposition etc.)tyranny - a form of government in which the ruler is an absolute dictator (not restricted by a constitution or laws or opposition etc.)

@VicZinc Right. Obama was a tyrant but Trump's just doing his job.

If you weren't so obsessed with pushing your progressive agenda on here, you'd have noticed I didn't bring up Obama, or Trump, or any other political agenda. I simply stated an observation.

Maybe you should read my comments I just posted in the discussion about moderators.