+3

Standing or kneeling in the Nfl: A NON ISSUE I DON'T GIVE A RATS ASS ABOUT

Just some garbage our useless president is using to distract us from real issues. Get the hell over it! there are more important things than how to pose during a song.

Image for post Standing or kneeling in the Nfl: A NON ISSUE I DON'T GIVE A RATS ASS ABOUT
TomboyJanets avatar Religion
8 56
@2671933

I know right! As a womens football player I agree

@2671919

Exactly. Another diversionary tactic by the Crump, to divide the country and keep us from talking about what's really important....Puerto Rico, the Vegas killings, and now the fires out in California. The man is insane.

@2671928

Trump is a master of diversion.

They whole deal - the real protest - is about police brutality against black people. That I will take seriously.

But about it being an insult to the anthem, flag and veterans? Just no. If someone take it as an insult, sure, you're free to be pissed about it, but it still wasn't done with such purpose. Kaepernick used to sit before, and only after he spoke with a veteran (Nate Boyer) did he started to kneel.

The story how it's being passed right now doesn't matter. It's smoke being blow up people's asses, it was a lie to rage the masses. The real protest was twisted into a spectacle to divert the media and people's attention for some time. And it worked.

Sofias avatar Sofia Agree +4Reply
@Sofia They whole deal - the real protest - is about police brutality against black people. That I will take...

You're exactly right Sofia. This all would have died down, but Trump stepped in and stirred the pot, and it's dividing our country. I don't care one fig about what those players do, it's their right and it's not right for Trump to try to control what others do....after all we live in a free country, Trump has forgotten that.

It is about disrespect to the symbols of this country. Symbols most veterans hold sacred.

It wasn't a lie to outrage the masses. You may want to think it is, but it isn't. Most Americans are outraged over this display of disrespect. As a veteran, I have been angry whenever I saw anyone disrespecting our flag, be it not standing, or burning it.

@hootowl If people obeyed the law,there would be no problems with the police.

It's actually the fact that people got killed while obeying the cops, following their orders, that it became an issue in the first place.

Sofias avatar Sofia Agree +1Reply

I support the players in their cause and in their actions.

Kneeling with a hand over your heart seems to me to be a perfect balance between opposition and respect.

Let's keep in mind why those players began kneeling in the first place. Rather than wasting time with a bunch of tweets expressing his fake outrage, perhaps the president should begin a national dialog about this issue. You know...do his job.

@Chris_the_Demon I support the players in their cause and in their actions. Kneeling with a hand over your heart seems to me to be...

The president doesn't know what his job is. He hasn't a clue as to how to be a president, all he knows is outrage and picking fights with anyone that dares cross him.

He should never have said anything about the NFL, they would have worked it out amongst themselves, but Trump has turned it into a national fight now. And nothing is gonna change. The owners won't take the chance of benching those who kneel, only because the entire teams might kneel, then where would the owners be. As usual Trump is speaking out of his ass.

@StarzAbove The president doesn't know what his job is. He hasn't a clue as to how to be a president, all he knows is outrage...

It's interesting to note how Obama dealt with this issue as compared to Trump.

Obama gave a speech when this all began urging both to sides to consider what motived the other. He acknowledged that many people felt kneeling during the National Anthem was disrespectful to their country and to them personally. He also pointed out that those who chose to kneel did so because they too felt disrespected by their country and felt they needed to make a statement regarding the violence perpetuated against the black community in many cities.

That is what a president should do. Promote understanding through dialog and work toward a common goal for the good of all Americans.

And Trump? He's like the drunk at the end of the bar, yelling loudly about "those sons of bitches", not listening to anyone, oblivious to what's really going on.

Shameful...no smilie

@Chris_the_Demon It's interesting to note how Obama dealt with this issue as compared to Trump. Obama gave a speech when this all...

Obama wanted to unite our country, not divide it like Trump is doing. Obama used tact and sincerity, and like you said, Trump was out there calling the players sons of bitches....which every one, even the Trump supporters should be ashamed of. Trump has mental problems, that for sure.

@StarzAbove Obama wanted to unite our country, not divide it like Trump is doing. Obama used tact and sincerity, and like you...

It's all about him. Self interest dictates every thought and every action. If he thought supporting those players would better serve his personal agenda he would be tweeting about "heroic kneelers".

@Chris_the_Demon It's all about him. Self interest dictates every thought and every action. If he thought supporting those players...

Exactly, and if they were all white, then he wouldn't have said one thing about any of that. He can diss John McCain, a POW who served our country, and says he's not a hero, so in my mind, he's dissing our country.

He takes credit for everything, no matter what it is, and he sure can't stand anyone criticizing him.

Well, I DO care about public disrespect of country.
And Trump didn't make it an issue - NFL players did. Trump made his feeling known about it.
So have many former NFL fans.
It's costing the NFL big bucks.
I've heard the NFL is making some new rules about how their employees should behave on the job. We'll see how that works out - if it's true.
My money is on the players being defiant. I hope I am wrong.

@Budwick Well, I DO care about public disrespect of country. And Trump didn't make it an issue - NFL players did. Trump...

People on here make me sad.A damn game is more important then our flag or country.I guess they have no pride or love of country.

hootowls avatar hootowl Disagree +3Reply

What does it matter? It's not hurting anyone unless they let it get to them? Its one of those non-issues that people complain about because they just like to complain about things. People love to imagine their taking a stand for something even when they're doing nothing at all.

@TomboyJanet What does it matter? It's not hurting anyone unless they let it get to them? Its one of those non-issues that...

Ask the players if they are doing nothing.

Ask millions of people pissed at the disrespect.

People don't have to bleed or be bruised to be hurt Janet. The players disrespect IS hurting -
It's disrespectful to America, our flag and anthem.\
It's disrespectful to to our military.
It's disrespectful to the police.
It's disrespectful to the fans.
Their actions help no one - least of all the players themselves or the cause they claim to support.
It hurts blacks especially - the very ones they say they want to help.

@Budwick Ask the players if they are doing nothing. Ask millions of people pissed at the disrespect. People don't have to...

You, budwick are poison. You dirty this site with your presence. You quote scripture and spew hatred, often on the same threads. Hypocritical is an understatement.
It is pieces of shit like you who make me turn away from humankind.
Having such a onesided take on the world and the people in it, make you the exact opposite of what a moderator should be.

James...if you are listening...cant you do any better than this? The decision to keep mr budwick as a moderator is the sort of thing that makes me question the integrity of the amirite site.
Even if i choose to block him, he still has a sort of power over what i say here. That makes me a bit sick to my stomach.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +1Reply

Calling gays/bis etc fags or sinners is disrespectful to us but you aren't campaigning against that. Right now you are arguing that it should be banned because it hurts other people's feelings which is exactly what your side always laughs about. So forgive me if I'm even less convinced about its importance now. Talk about special snowflakes boo hoo hoo. At least I care about disrespecting not inanimate objects but people.

@TomboyJanet Calling gays/bis etc fags or sinners is disrespectful to us but you aren't campaigning against that. Right now you...

Janet Janet Janet....... Don't try to bullshit us. Gays, bi's transgender etc etc are the first to demand "respect", and if it isn't given to them, they protest, they scream and they sue. If it wasn't for heterosexuals "campaigning FOR" gay rights, nothing would have changed from the way it was 50 years ago.
Those who are offended by those not standing for the National Anthem aren't getting their feelings hurt, they are getting pissed off. (There is a difference) The flag and National Anthem are symbols of what this country stands for, and those who have paid the price to ensure it remains free. It's about respect.
People who call the flag an inanimate object are the same ones protesting against the confederate flag and civil war memorials and statues because they claim they are "symbols". Why is the Confederate flag a symbol and the American flag is not?
I'm sure you have protested for the right of gays to get married. Why? It's just an inanimate piece of paper, as you would say.
The liberal progressives are losing on this and the empty seats at the stadium, lost sponsorship, and boycotts are hitting the pocketbooks of the owners.

I happen to be a veteran who is offended by those disrespecting the symbols of this country.

@JustJimColo Janet Janet Janet....... Don't try to bullshit us. Gays, bi's transgender etc etc are the first to demand...

There's a lot of ignorant people with no values or love of country,There just interested in a game where a lot of players took drugs and disrespected their wives.I want to thank you for your service to this country

hootowls avatar hootowl Disagree +2Reply

You are wrong on so many levels, jim.
But....changing such hardened minds...just isnt worth the effort.
Makes me kind of sad.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +1Reply

Somethings are bigger than fags homosexuals.
Forgiveness may take a while. But, I respect your right to your incorrect opinion (on the kneeling issue). [Edited out of respect for those that misunderstood my intent.]

@2673213

Thanks, tiff.
Someone needed to say it.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +1Reply
@2671937

Who cares? like only people who get caught up in stupid circumstance and measure and tradition will care. But in the end it doesn't really hurt anyone or better anyone's life either way. It's pointless! It's a waste of our time and effort

@2672007

sadly. People waste their time on such pedantic nonsense

@2671937

I doubt that will happen, most owners and players won't go along with that. I think they should stand, but I will defend their right as American citizens to choose to do what they think best!

@2671993

Jerry Jones is a friend of Trump's that's the only reason he said that. Who are those owners of which you speak? Most owners locked arms with their players, and that's what should happen.

If he wants a team, and they all kneel, then that would be the end of his organization. Not gonna happen. These football players have a right to do as they wish, they aren't protesting against the flag, that's juts another distraction stirred up by Trump.

Like Pence's actions on Sunday. As governor he never went to many of the Colts' games, and if he was there to honor Manning, he should have stayed. But he knew he was going to leave early, it was all planned, it was just for attention to stir the pot some more. Shame on me for wasting taxpayers' money for about 30 minutes of his time.

If Trump hadn't opened his yap about it, none of this would be happening.

Just my opinion, I know you won't agree....so no need to reply.

biggrin smilie

Colin Kaepernick - 2016 -
“I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color,” Kaepernick said. “To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder.”

And this was in response to Trayvon Martin and BLM which was a batch of lies.

So according to Kaepernick, his actions were specifically to disrespect the country. So, learn a new tune lefties.

@Budwick Colin Kaepernick - 2016 - “I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black...

I really don't care. like really world's smallest violin for an inanimate object. This is bullshit to rile people up about nothing when real problems are going unsolved

@2672193

respect is earned not ordained

@TomboyJanet respect is earned not ordained

That's right Janet, and those who have done what needed to be done to keep this country free and safe have EARNED that respect.

hmm smilieI DON'T give a rat's ass, so I won't agree and comment about it. hmm smilie

@FuzzyPeach I DON'T give a rat's ass, so I won't agree and comment about it.

exactly! it's a thing not a person. It's only a big deal because people say it is.

Respect the flag and our National Anthem.

hootowls avatar hootowl Disagree +1Reply

Good for you. Not a Patriot, got it. But it is a valid issue for many. If those kneeling want to be heard how about putting their money and power to use in a way that actually matters. NFL players ARE employees. Their very existence depends on customers, who spend their hard earned money to see a football game. The NFL has long been seen as a Patriotic organization, not so much anymore. They have lost many fans forever.

Dars avatar Dar Disagree 0Reply
Anonymous