October is Down Syndrome Awareness Month, a perfect opportunity to tell you how proud I am of my daughter. Do you have a friend or loved one with that extra chromosome?

Image for post October is Down Syndrome Awareness Month, a perfect opportunity to tell you how proud I am of my daughter.  Do you have a friend or loved one with that extra chromosome?
24% This person: 65% I don't know anyone with Down Syndrome personally 12% Other
JanHaskells avatar Health, Beauty & Fitness
17 18

My daughter is my greatest joy.

JanHaskells avatar JanHaskell This person: +12Reply

I like people with Down Syndrome, they always seem happy and naturally they have the same ups and downs as we all do, but they have something really special about them. Perhaps having too few chromosomes is the reason for all this crap we have to go through every day.

I know many. what's not to love? They are the sweetest people you'll ever meet.

Emily. She is very loved.

Sukiesnows avatar Sukiesnow This person: +4Reply

Many. Kind, loving people! l smilie

Mashas avatar Masha This person: +4Reply

Nice photo.No relatives but I taught one or two Downs children in mainstream school.

@2672842

That's wonderful, Brian. My daughter is 37 and does piece work in a sheltered workshop (not quite as high functioning as your nephew), but she's been working there for 15 years now and loves it.

JanHaskells avatar JanHaskell This person: +2Reply
@2674815

Many thanks! a smilie

JanHaskells avatar JanHaskell This person: 0Reply

A wonderful feeling to be proud of someone...
And i'm sure it's returned to you, the same..

DandyDons avatar DandyDon I don't know anyone with Down Syndrome personally -1Reply