+1

One thing I really hate about flying is:

Image for post One thing I really hate about flying is:
Sukiesnows avatar Travel
11 58

There really isn't anything I like about flying anymore. If I had the time I would drive everywhere. :)

@2673428

I mean commercial flying. Private charter is a whole different story, but I don't have the means. :)

In Steerage...there is NO elbow room....

@2673406

The bathrooms are nuts. Trying to pee while you are hunched over is dangerous business. Ha!

I hate spending the night in the airport when there are delays and you end up missing the last connecting flight, and there are no hotel rooms available. Then the airline say's it's not there responsibility because it's an act of God, 1500 miles away.

@JustJimColo I hate spending the night in the airport when there are delays and you end up missing the last connecting flight...

I agree. It is even worse when you miss the whole purpose of your trip, which is also not their fault. :)

@Will_Janitor I agree. It is even worse when you miss the whole purpose of your trip, which is also not their fault. :)

What the airline does to accommodate/help people in that situation tells you really how much they care. Zero.

One thing? Everything.

Let's see... I'm 6' 4" (193 cm in exact terms) and I have an extremely small bladder, probably comparable to an otter. Small helicopters are an agony, I couldn't even try... Super Puma and NH90 are pretty much the only helicopters, that someone with this height (and mass, do I look fat in this helicopter?) can fly more or less comfortably. Then there are the bloody passengers, whiny bitchy boys, who think they are the supreme leaders of the Humankind.

Then again, when I was dealing with the surveillance equipment of our Spanish-made spy-plane, C-295, I was feeling rather comfortable. I wasn't flying.

💰ridiculously expensive, time consuming "security" measures that might not do anything, the fact we have to pay for the right to travel via overpriced passports. The actual trip and being on the plane I love.

All of it, except getting there quicker.

Believing I can fly but then realizing I cannot fly, and consequently splatting on the ground because I am not Superman.

My arms get tired.

"I just flew into town and boy are my arms tired!"

Old joke, I know : )

When I'm really tired but I can't sleep.

@2673880

Why is it that on flights, people tend to start smelling?

Flying. I prefer solid ground.

The constant, never-ending fear that it could fail and I will plummet out of the sky to my impending death.. and the crackers.

The images that run through my head imagining the worst case scenarios and knowing that in most cases of falling, your life is in the hands of the pilot and copilot, whom we hope are conscious and sober. Blind trust on an airplane has no parallel.