+6

You say you despise convention; yet you are one of the most conventional persons I know. We might all have hypocritical tendencies to be aware of...amirite?

Image for post **You say you despise convention; yet you are one of the most conventional persons I know.** //We might all have hypocritical tendencies to be aware of...amirite?//
Sukiesnows avatar Politics
4 20

When a method is invented and approved doesn't it become conventional?

@Sunny_the_skeptic When a method is invented and approved doesn't it become conventional?

Why don't you tell me?

Otherwise we'll go back and forth...so I might as well give in gracefully and spare us another circular argument.

@Sukiesnow Why don't you tell me? Otherwise we'll go back and forth...so I might as well give in gracefully and spare...

Well I just did. This is just a term, it doesnt mean anything else than its accepted. If you use a method that is unconventional it might soon be accepted and become conventional.

@Sukiesnow What if it's not accepted by some?

They're free to glare and pinch their nose like you would.

@Sukiesnow Not everyone chooses conventional ways.

You like to stick to a term as I see, what if your unconventional method becomes conventional, would you abandon it?

@Sunny_the_skeptic You like to stick to a term as I see, what if your unconventional method becomes conventional, would you abandon it?

Conventions exist where a baby is baptized...unconventional would be to shun that... I can't see NOT baptizing ever becoming conventional.

@Sukiesnow Conventions exist where a baby is baptized...unconventional would be to shun that... I can't see NOT baptizing ever...

More and more religion is being forgotten and pushed away, it wouldnt be impossible to have a day where religion is looked at as mythology or superstition. So it's a possibility I'd say. Just ask Zeus, Ra and Odin.

@Sunny_the_skeptic More and more religion is being forgotten and pushed away, it wouldnt be impossible to have a day where religion is...

It would be good if that was true...but it's not here... Religions are very prevalent...especially Christian.

@Sukiesnow It would be good if that was true...but it's not here... Religions are very prevalent...especially Christian.

Give it a centurie, they said the same about the ancient Greek gods, Roman gods, Nordic gods, Egyptian gods etc

It would seem that becoming unconventional is the current convention, so by being conventional one is exhibiting unconventional traits by virtue.

If one were attempting to be less conventional then one would have to be unconventionally unconventional which appears to be the conventional unconventional. Convention contrives cosmically to castrate the unconventional in a conventional manner unconventionally.

Well, that is my conventional view spoken in an unconventional way at any rate.

Everything has already been said in my mind; I have nothing much further to add...

Ever noticed someone who is a true conservative (how did politics creep in?) but then they behave with wild abandon in one area of their life?

@Sukiesnow Ever noticed someone who is a true conservative (how did politics creep in?) but then they behave with wild abandon...

A true conservative is not bound to believe ALL things considered conservative, anymore than a true liberal is not bound to believe ALL things considered to be liberal. There are Liberals who favor the death penalty just as there are conservatives who oppose it. That doesn't mean they aren't true conservatives or liberals. I doubt if 1% of either ideology actually believes in 100% of what people are told they believe in.

Yes, most people do have some hypocritical tendencies to be aware of.

Saw the pic with lavender oil, thought it would be a post about essential oils, got hype. It is not 😖

My entire life and personality is contradicting to itself, a paradox of hypocrisy.