+1

To those anti-abortion: you'll never know what it's like growing up with a mother telling you that if you ever get pregnant you will be kicked out...and rejected by the community as well.

There's a lot to be said about walking a mile in someone else's shoes.

Image for post To those anti-abortion: you'll never know what it's like growing up with a mother telling you that if you ever get pregnant you will be kicked out...and rejected by the community as well.
Sukiesnows avatar Politics
10 43
@2674153

That small community was all the same. And still is, no doubt.

@2674216

This makes no sense. Good try tho...I see what you were getting at.

@2678591

Yes...odd...that...

At least I got to grow up! My mother was unmarried. She moved to a small town away from where she was from, arranged my adoption and had me. She NEVER told anyone and my 5 1/2 brothers & sisters knew nothing until DNA tests matched us! I personally cannot support abortion!

@Sukiesnow If you hadn't been born then you would have been reincarnated in someone else's body.

That is a really poor response, especially since if I hadn't been born, then neither would my daughter or grandchildren. But then, my comment apparently defeats a lot of your question premise. In addition, you are assuming that I believe in reincarnation. I don't.

@Seonag That is a really poor response, especially since if I hadn't been born, then neither would my daughter or...

You would have been born in another body and had other family.

So you don't believe in reincarnation? So sad too bad. Take it...just like I take people trying to shove the bible down my throat.

@Seonag At least I got to grow up! My mother was unmarried. She moved to a small town away from where she was from...

One instance of someone with the privilege & luxury to afford to move somewhere.. A lot of individuals who are in these situations literally have nothing, but nice try. Good for her.

@TheVibeAlchemist One instance of someone with the privilege & luxury to afford to move somewhere.. A lot of individuals who are in...

She was not privileged (middle child of 10 siblings and whose father was a milkman and mother took in laundry). So there was NO luxury enabling her to 'afford' to move. She saved the bus fare from her job as a clerk in a local department store. When she arrived in the new town, got a job at the local pharmacy's soda fountain. Through her doctor there she was put in touch with a couple who wanted to adopt. It was called taking an initiative which seems to be lacking in so many people today.

Yes!! Having no support or financial income or even a home and food for you and the child, or having the child and no longer having a family. It goes so much deeper than people care to think about. And that is just based on WESTERN civilization, not the countless other countries who suffer from far more serious alternatives with unwanted pregnancies

It's a very complicated issue, but I believe that the women on the country should vote on exactly what options and timing should be involved. When men start carrying babies for 9 months they can vote too. Otherwise they should have faith that the majority of the gender will come up with the right answer. JMHO.

@Will_Janitor It's a very complicated issue, but I believe that the women on the country should vote on exactly what options and...

If a man can’t say no to murdering a baby then a city dweller should not have had the right to tell a farmer he couldn’t own a slave

No.they never will know what it's like,cause they had the brains to know what it's like to get pregnant and to take a life.

And what if all the babies who weren’t given the choice to live?

@Anonymousmouse And what if all the babies who weren’t given the choice to live?

Knew you'd chime in eventually...

What about the piece of veal you ate tonight; that baby calf wasn't given a choice to live either.

@Sukiesnow Knew you'd chime in eventually... What about the piece of veal you ate tonight; that baby calf wasn't given a...

Only a matter of time liberals dehumanize babies to the level of an animal or humanize an animal. Your argument is apples to oranges

@Anonymousmouse Only a matter of time liberals dehumanize babies to the level of an animal or humanize an animal. Your argument is...

It's about life, hon. The sanctity of life. If you apply it to abortions... you can also apply it to animals. Who have no say, either.

@Sukiesnow Both ways you are killing life. And isn't that what you are against?

i am against MURDERING a human baby, not against eating meat. stop comparing the two, it is NOT the same.

@Anonymousmouse i am against MURDERING a human baby, not against eating meat. stop comparing the two, it is NOT the same.

In my mind it is the same. You don't think a cow is saying...oh okay...please kill my calf? What makes you think animals don't feel?

Yeah, I thought you still had to murder the animal in order to eat it..? It is better because you aren't the one slaughtering it, someone else is?

Just imagine if abortionists at the flesh of their unborn- HA. Hypocritical.

@TheVibeAlchemist Yeah, I thought you still had to murder the animal in order to eat it..? It is better because you aren't the one...

Wow. The stupidity and fallacies of your argument. Definition of murder is the deliberate killing of another HUMAN BEING. Animals are not human therefore NOT MURDER. humans are omnivore we need meat. And I hunt so I kill my own animals that I eat.

How can you compare killing an animal and eating it to murdering a human baby and canibalism. Your disgusting

@Anonymousmouse Animals are food. If it goes both ways is babies foood too? Come on now.

Animals were never created to be food. Humans assigned that role to them.

@TheVibeAlchemist Animals were never created to be food. Humans assigned that role to them.

Oh really? So it’s humans fault lions eat meat? Or alligators or bears or literally every other omnivore/carnivore on earth?