+19

"A mistake" implies accidental. A pattern of abuse is not a mistake, it is predatory.

VicZincs avatar People & Celebrities
9 19

That's a given.

Sofias avatar Sofia Agree +6Reply
@2674664

Say more please?

@2675071

Yep.

Weinstein, for example (and not the only one by any means), never wanted his stuff to become public knowledge.

Agreed. I think this is the very reason why Trump toyed with the notion of pulling NBC's broadcast license. I mean if they're an enemy of the USA, making up bullshit stories, are they a legit media outlet?

@VicZinc Spoken like someone hoping for a tyrant to rule him.

No, I had enough Obama's tyranny during his reign.

@Budwick No, I had enough Obama's tyranny during his reign.

When Slick Willy lied about bj's in the oval office, he was disbarred. If a 'news' company turns out not to be a news company at all - you take away their broadcast license, ... and listen to progressives and communists complain of course.

@Budwick When Slick Willy lied about bj's in the oval office, he was disbarred. If a 'news' company turns out not to be a...

Oh really.

I support all of the Bill of Rights, not just the ones Mr. Trump likes.

If people don't like the 'fake news' they can turn it off. It's called free enterprise. And it's called the 1st Amendment.

I forgot which amendment guaranteed the right to be a lawyer? Oh that's right - none of them. and which one guarantees the the peoples right to publish anything they want? Oh that's right __ the freaking FIRST one!__

@VicZinc Oh really. I support all of the Bill of Rights, not just the ones Mr. Trump likes. If people don't like the...

Vic, you really sound silly on that high horse.

I agree it's mot likely. But it wouldn't be the first time an FCC license was revoked for lying, cheating or other corruption. There's even precedent assuming the courts can recall what integrity means. Don Burden lost his five radio station licenses for improperly using the stations to favor political candidates, through newscasts and unlawful campaign contributions, and for rigging contests and fraudulent billing.

You see Vic, the rest of the world does recognize 'truth', and even NBC is accountable for it.

@VicZinc Oh, you mean like Peter Zenger?

Zenger was from the 1700's. He got in trouble for writing the truth about a corrupt government.

NBC is in trouble for lying and trying to create a corrupt government.

See the difference?

Don't know about predatory but it is redundant and repetetive

Jaxxis avatar Jaxxi Disagree +1Reply

I agree because I have been the victim of that and it is something I would never wish on anyone.

🦋

And a pattern of abuse that continues as an open secret among insiders for decades, but when the abuse finally becomes public knowledge, the insiders feign surprise and ignorance... what is that?

HYPOCRISY.