+2

Deactivating means you abandon a site...and you don't come back to haunt it.

Image for post **Deactivating** means you //abandon// a site...and you don't come back to haunt it.
Sukiesnows avatar Life
10 94

All are welcome to come and go as they please.

Every opinion matters, even those I wholeheartedly disagree with.

All are welcome, always.

Hmmm.
I think i will do as i wish.

Carlas avatar Carla Disagree +8Reply

I kinda don't see the point in deactivation if you plan to come back. If you want to take a temporary break from the site simply stop using it for a while, the profile ain't going anywhere.

@2674785

Do you enjoy playing dumb? It's obvious you never read the thread.

@2674798

And being "witty" at the same time. Give yourself a pat on the back.

@Sukiesnow I agree! What's the big deal...

I don't know, I'm trying to figure it out and the only thing that comes to mind is to provoke the question hey X why is Y not here anymore what happened and so on.

@2675007

Deactivating IS about drama.

@Sukiesnow Yes...it is probably about the DRAMA that these people need in their life.

Man....read my response above, or tiffs.
Drama is the very last thing i need or want in my life.

Carlas avatar Carla Disagree +5Reply

Then again, I might be so far from the point, I can't know. I don't understand and at this point it's anyone's guess. I'd be too lazy to deactivate and reactivate my account numerous times.

@2675011

Yeah but you pull the plug and might not return, that's what the feature was intended for.

@2675057

Oh no, I'm here to stay, it would be good if you and other former members come back too, to have a ton of content to choose from and have many participants.

@2675060

Do so gladly, the more the merrier!

@2674783

When people say something...I like to be able to count on what they are saying.

@Sukiesnow When people say something...I like to be able to count on what they are saying.

I am butting in here.
When i da, i am saying i need a break. I am not compelled to read or respond. If i do not completely shut down, i am unable to stay away.
Even when it was difficult for me, i stayed activated, read some posts, responded to some. For the outlet.
There are times when i neither want or need that outlet. Just the opposite, those times...i da.

Carlas avatar Carla Disagree +8Reply
@Carla I am butting in here. When i da, i am saying i need a break. I am not compelled to read or respond. If i do not...

When I'm on a break I feel no urge to go online. I control it.

And what about d/a'ing in support of friends? What's that all about.

@Sukiesnow When I'm on a break I feel no urge to go online. I control it. And what about d/a'ing in support of friends?...

This time i da'd in protest of a moderator. You know that.

This is the only site i am on, no others. And....i must not have the control you have.

The people i call friend here, are just that. If i feel they have a cause, i will support that cause.

Carlas avatar Carla Disagree +6Reply
@Carla This time i da'd in protest of a moderator. You know that. This is the only site i am on, no others. And....i...

Yes...so what happened? Next thing Starz is on here (back so soon) screaming about NOT PROTESTING... What was up with that...I'd ask her but she has me blocked.

You are also a good person.

@Sukiesnow Yes...so what happened? Next thing Starz is on here (back so soon) screaming about NOT PROTESTING... What was up...

She was gone before i ever decided to go. It had nothing to do with her departure. It was ever only about a moderator.
I was sad that she left.
At the time, i had no idea why. Now i know she just needed a break.

Carlas avatar Carla Disagree +5Reply
@2675023

Marko would probably say warthog.

@2674903

It's called CAPS online. And Exclams...plus telling all other Amiriters off....

@2674938

Why did she leave if she's only going to spend time haunting, anyway?

I like it when people can express themselves sensibly and calmly.

@2674952

You misunderstand...I expect deliberately... It's the idea that someone d/a's and then comes back to haunt...that's what I don't understand.

@2674964

I was, again, speaking generically....not specifically.

@2675013

Non-member...someone who d/a's is a non-member.

And someone who has me blocked has lost any common courtesy privileges.

@2674806

Yes. Probably you.

How is it that you show up, anyway?

@2674878

I hate to disappoint you...but still....

@2674783

I wish more people came here, the only way to get the users really active here is if some controversial posts appears otherwise you get less than 5 people being active overall.

@2674853

Things that you dont like are easily avoidable

@2674862

Don't confuse support with tolerating, it's not everyone's cup of tea but if you spend all that energy in complaining what should be allowed or not you will not get anywhere. Freedom of speech is messy, but it's better than some prude to dictate what we are allowed to say or not.

@2674872

Sure, there are limits to it, but anything else that falls under the radar that you dont like you just have to deal with, which isn't hard at all. Adaptation is key to survival.

@2674882

And learn how to deal with it.

@2674909

I'm quite fine with my handling

Deactivating just means make your account become inactive. It doesn't automatically imply that you can't decide to come back. As long as it's not to cause trouble, I see no problem with people deactivating and reactivating.

@2676083

Yup. The occasional break can really help things become fresher. It doesn't need to mean going away forever, or even losing contact with friends.

Need a break? Take some time off... Deactivating means leaving....so go already...make up your mind.

And who's to say Amirite will let you back in....

JMHO

@Sukiesnow Need a break? Take some time off... Deactivating means leaving....so go already...make up your mind. And who's...

Sukie, i dont know how it is with you, but to me this site is addictive. When i deactivate it enables me to step away.
This time it was short. But...i may da tomorrow and stay gone for another two days, or forever.
It's like turning off the tv.

Carlas avatar Carla Disagree +9Reply
@2674780

If you have something to say...I'd prefer you say it to me. None of this passive-aggressive stuff.

I understand you get a lot of PMs and d/a'ing is a way of getting away from them...but that's just you...not everyone else.

@Carla Sukie, i dont know how it is with you, but to me this site is addictive. When i deactivate it enables me to step...

It's kinda hard for me to get addicted to the site with the little content we get. It's not what it used to be as i see old post filled with so many users.

@2674751

I thought about that too, I didn't want to get any emails from amirite so I tinkered with the settings and found a way to stop any emails from the site.

@2674811

Yeah, I hate getting my email spammed up so I saw to it. On the notifications part of the settings there is a email me or a notify me option, I set all of it on notify me, nothing from amirite in my email ever since.

@2674820

Why feel guilty? You dont owe anything to anyone if you dont answer it means you're unavailable.

@2674829

That will overload you mentally.

@2674829

And you are good like that. You would be perfect for the corporate world... Have you ever thought of training people not to expect replies from you so quickly?

@2674751

So stay away from checking. I was in hospital last year...I never d/a'd...and I never got online either...

IMO...d/a'ing is similar to using abortion as a way of birth control.

Or is it about creating Drama? Why has she d/a'd? Etc...

@2674777

I would have thought you were savvy enough to have a couple of email accounts.

@2674731

Then by all means Bub, explain it to us all so we have a better understanding on the matter at hand.

@2674754

No Bub, you were not but it did sound like you have an idea there, I'm simply curious.

@2674765

Um... wait what? I'm having difficulties in applying what you said to the situation in the post, I'm simply curious why would someone deactivate their entire profile if they intend to be gone for a short while only.

@2674772

Nothing of the sort Bub, if I don't understand something I ask, and I try to make sense of it with the information I'm provided. It would be very dishonest to assume someone is immature or a fool for believing something different than me. I'm simply gathering knowledge and as you can see I'm open to anyone's interpretation since I don't really have a solid opinion on the matter myself.

@2674816

I wasnt sarcastic. I really wanted to know, but now I see how it sounds, sorry.

@2674842

Others should come back too, the site is different now

@2674731

Now look who's attempting analysis...

I think it means whatever those deactivating wish it to mean, for them.

Piper2s avatar Piper2 Disagree +4Reply

There's no locks on the doors so people can come and go as they please. Only the owner can change the rules.

Nope

Otherwise it's just a tease. If you're coming back, call it a hiatus.