JC Biology Class Mr. Perkins, the biology instructor at a posh suburban girl's junior college, said during class, "Miss Smythe, would you please name the organ of the human body , which under the appropriate conditions, expands to six times its normal size, and define the conditions." Miss Smythe gasped, then said freezingly, "Mr. Perkins, I don't think that is a proper question to ask me. I assure you my parents will hear of this." With that she sat down, red-faced. Unperturbed, Mr. Perkins called on Miss Johnson and asked the same question. Miss Johnson, with composure, replied, "The pupil of the eye, in dim light." "Correct," said Mr. Perkins. "And now, Miss Smythe, I have three things to say to you. One, you have not studied your lesson. Two, you have a dirty mind. And three, you will some day be faced with a dreadful disappointment." Link: http://www.jokelibrary.net/education/school1.html#old_fashioned_catholic_discipline

Image for post JC Biology Class  Mr. Perkins, the biology instructor at a posh suburban girl's junior college, said during class, "Miss Smythe, would you please name the organ of the human body , which under the appropriate conditions, expands to six times its normal size, and define the conditions."   Miss Smythe gasped, then said freezingly,  "Mr. Perkins, I don't think that is a proper question to ask me. I assure you my parents will hear of this."  With that she sat down, red-faced.   Unperturbed, Mr. Perkins called on Miss Johnson and asked the same question.  Miss Johnson, with composure, replied, "The pupil of the eye, in dim light."   "Correct," said Mr. Perkins.  "And now, Miss Smythe, I have three things to say to you.  One, you have not studied your lesson. Two, you have a dirty mind. And three, you will some day be faced with a dreadful disappointment."   Link: http://www.jokelibrary.net/education/school1.html#old_fashioned_catholic_discipline
Mariannes avatar Jokes & Humour
9 17

Good one, but I'm with the girl because the pupil of the eye is not an organ, the eye is but for the sake of the joke it had to be named as an organ or it wouldn't have worked as well.

@Sunny_the_skeptic Good one, but I'm with the girl because the pupil of the eye is not an organ, the eye is but for the sake of the...

Right you are, Sunny, the pupil is, actually, an aperture, a "hole", and the eye is the organ, with

• Cornea
  • Iris
  • Ciliary body
  • Lens
  • Retina

and you would have to refer to the iris sphincter muscle: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I...hincter_muscle

But many jokes are not so precise - well, there are still lots of controversed ideas and interpretations, and without these errors, many jokes would be lost.

confused smiliehehe smiliehehe smilie

@Marianne Right you are, Sunny, the pupil is, actually, an aperture, a "hole", and the eye is the organ, with Cornea -...

Hmm, well they could have used part of an organ as well, the vagina as well as an organ is also technically merely a part of the whole female reproductive system but is the only one that we can observe without special equipment.

@Marianne Of course, lol.

The joke is awesome, I really wouldnt be able to think anything else either, poor Mr.Perkins

@Sunny_the_skeptic The joke is awesome, I really wouldnt be able to think anything else either, poor Mr.Perkins

Yes, indeed, and that seems to be also one of the problems with present-day and former education systems ...
As we know, human nature tends to exaggerate or to underestimate.

@2675437

Lol, thank you, Rooster hehe smiliehehe smilie.

@2675489

Lol, thank you, Will
hehe smiliehehe smilie.

@2675627

Thank you, Metal, smile smiliehehe smilie.

JC Biology Class

Mr. Perkins, the biology instructor at a posh suburban girl's junior college, said during class, "Miss Smythe, would you please name the organ of the human body , which under the appropriate conditions, expands to six times its normal size, and define the conditions."

Miss Smythe gasped, then said freezingly,
"Mr. Perkins, I don't think that is a proper question to ask me. I assure you my parents will hear of this."
With that she sat down, red-faced.

Unperturbed, Mr. Perkins called on Miss Johnson and asked the same question.
Miss Johnson, with composure, replied, "The pupil of the eye, in dim light."

"Correct," said Mr. Perkins.
"And now, Miss Smythe, I have three things to say to you.
One, you have not studied your lesson. Two, you have a dirty mind. And three, you will some day be faced with a dreadful disappointment."

Link: http://www.jokelibrary.net/educ...lic_discipline

Link: Image in content