White privilege is a false and racist term?

67% Amirite 33% Other
SawyerRoses avatar Language
4 30

It's a term used to make you feel guilty for being born white and be blamed for the sins of your ancestors.

When I was growing up, we didn't have much money and often worried about how we would pay the rent. I wish I had even some of the "privilege" I'm accused of having.
I don't feel guilty for existing, and no one else should, no matter who or what they are.

@2675720

It's easy to cry racism and avoid looking in the mirror for the real problem..

It's kind of hard to feel privileged when being born without anyone or anything to help me. It was up to me to put a roof over my head and food on the table. If I didn't work I didn't eat, simple as that.
Millionaire athletes and actors looking down on people who actually work everyday just to survive in this life is insulting and, in my opinion, racist.

ozzyboys avatar ozzyboy Amirite +5Reply

It is racist. It is still a thing. It is part of our society and it should not exist.

Yep, and white people, especially white males, have no idea how lucky they are.

Not at all.

The whole concept of white privilege in this day and age is ridiculous.

I wouldn't deny that I appreciate having been born white. I know I'm privileged in many ways.
I was born as a natural born white citizen.
I'm a male - and I identify with the gender I was born with.
I'm able bodied - no handicaps.
I'm privileged that my first language is also our 'national language'.
I was born with an intellect and ambition that pulled me away from poverty I was otherwise destined for.
I am privileged to have married a 'privileged' middle class female who fully expected me to provide earn a living to support a lifestyle we're comfortable with.

There's a million ways I experience 'privilege'. There's also a million more I do not experience. Same as you. Our responsibility in life is to make the best of the hand we are dealt.

I'm sorry if you are unhappy with 'your hand'. I had nothing to do with the hand you were dealt. I have my hands full taking care of my life, and there is nothing I can do to change your hand anyway. And, it gets irritating after awhile to hear over and over that your problems are somehow my problems to solve. I don't see it that way.

No, it's a very real thing

I'm white, i'm not ashamed and never will be.

I've worked my ass off all my life.
I don't complain or wait for someone else to do something for me...

Do they send you something in the mail, ahead of time...saying your "white privileges" are about to kick in?.....i'm just wondering.

It's false to me...it's 2017 get your act together..

Too many people want to play victims.. get off your ass and do something about your situation..

If those same people that complain about "white privilege", put as much effort into their jobless situation as they put into getting some statues removed, they would get a lot more productive things done..

I work with black people that have been working at this job with me for nearly 15 years and will tell you just what i said.

That's why i don't believe this crap and never will.

I trust what i see...not what media wants me to see..

@DandyDon I'm white, i'm not ashamed and never will be. I've worked my ass off all my life. I don't complain or wait for...

And here lies the problem..nobody is talking about anyone personally, but rather as a whole.

@DandyDon As a whole.. Not all blacks are poor and not all whites are rich..

Once again, you missed the point. Nobody is talking about the wealth between the races. Try police profiling and incarnation as an example.

@dru18 I think you know.

incarceration?
'Try police profiling and incarceration as an example.'
Still doesn't make sense.

@dru18 The incarceration periods are a little off balance.

I see. I can't comment, I just don't know. I'll have to take your word for it.

@dru18 Once again, you missed the point. Nobody is talking about the wealth between the races. Try police profiling and...

I didn't miss anything..

Wether or not you like my opinion, doesn't concern me in the least bit..

It seems if you are a recipient of white privilege anything you have to say on the matter is null and void.

You can not argue your way out of white privilege.

@AliceD It seems if you are a recipient of white privilege anything you have to say on the matter is null and void. You...

So, ... if I don't agree with you, my input is void?
My goodness, how progressive of you!

Where that white privilege money at? HEY I"M WHITE GIVE ME MONEY I"M SUPPOSED TO BE PRIVILEGED HEREbiggrin smiliebiggrin smilie