"Wisdom is before him that has understanding; but the eyes of a fool are in the ends of the earth." What do you think this ancient proverb means? Do you see any examples of it in the modern world?

"Wisdom is before him that hath understanding; but the eyes of a fool are in the ends of the earth." -Proverbs of King Solomon, ca. 700BC

Image for post "Wisdom is before him that has understanding; but the eyes of a fool are in the ends of the earth." What do you think this ancient proverb means? Do you see any examples of it in the modern world?
Mazes avatar Philosophy
7 6

It sez to me that the fool has good intentions.

The meaning of that card The Fool is a good one: it can mean that on the road of life, we are all sometimes foolish just before enlightenment.

I can see how it applies to me. I have a tendency to pay a lot of attention to things that, while interesting and significant in their own right, have little or no significance to me personally.

What I take away from the proverb is I should focus primarily on things that are important to my own situation, namely my business, relationships, finances etc. But many times I find myself with my eyes in the ends of the earth, focusing on the latest controversy or media circus.

One step at a time.

wisdom come before understanding but the fool seek niether wisdom or understanding he just seeks.

@altonschwab wisdom come before understanding but the fool seek niether wisdom or understanding he just seeks.

A fool hath no delight in understanding, but that his heart may discover itself. (Proverbs 18:2 KJV)

Fools worry about the end while the wise live in the moment

Anonymous