Do you keep people around who are not right for you for too long? Like doctors, partners...even chatting with neighbours?

We were discussing dating...when one is on a date and you know it's not going anywhere...would you then leave or stay for another agonizing 2 hours...? Then I realized it could also be about other areas of life...

Sukiesnows avatar Technology
8 20
@2676267

What? You don't love me anymore? What a b... Wait... Wait... Bungee-jumper.

@2676268

They all would have said your date decision was a smart one - why waste someone's time and yours?

Okay if it was a meet and greet...it might be easier to spin out quickly...but I might have difficulty with this on a couple date.

I think speed dating has got a lot going for it...since 10 minutes is about the time it takes to see if the chemistry is there....

@2676291

I'll miss you!!!

No...i pretty much know, straight away, where my exits are, should i need one.

Am I going to get a "Dear Marko" letter soon?

Of course we keep people around who we don't need. That's because we may not need them "today".

@JustJimColo Of course we keep people around who we don't need. That's because we may not need them "today".

Suppose you don't care for your GP too much... Would you switch to another doc right away...no time wasted....or put up with present doc for an indefinite period?

@Sukiesnow Suppose you don't care for your GP too much... Would you switch to another doc right away...no time wasted....or...

Exactly. It may not be indefinite or it may be. Circumstances often dictate who and why we keep someone or something around.