Tonight the news told of 3 high ranking businessmen who were fired or resigned after accusations of sexual advances toward employes. I don't think men will learn how to treat women well unless their own mothers drill it into their heads from birth, and society learns to punish them swiftly at first event.

Image for post Tonight the news told of 3 high ranking  businessmen who were fired or resigned after accusations of  sexual advances toward employes. I don't think men will  learn how to treat  women  well  unless their own mothers drill it into their heads from birth, and society learns to punish them  swiftly at first event.
LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundreds avatar
5 26

I don't think it's about our Mom's drilling it into our heads on how to treat women. I think it's on how we were taught to treat everyone.

I don't blame their parents. They are grown men that are doing that crap.

I believe you either work out how to treat people fairly or you don't although a huge part of that is being capable of developing a level of empathy with others and if you can't do that, then no amount of training is going to help you.

That is true, I just wonder why they have so little respect for others.

Im not surprised, that is the unfortunate thing.
It happened to me, countless times. But...in my, working for someone else days, it wasnt something that would have been addressed. All you could do then was to say something wry, yet cutting. And then hope it wouldnt happen again.
At least nowadays, action often happens if the woman speaks out.
The sad thing is, many women are still afraid they will lose their livelihood. Many do.

As long as we excuse men and boys inappropriate behavior, allowing it to be the norm, it will continue to go on.

@Carla Im not surprised, that is the unfortunate thing. It happened to me, countless times. But...in my, working for...

Oh, women are the driving force in my life. My mom yaps at me, my sister yaps at me, I would be weirded out if this part of the Multiverse wasn't completely towards yapping at me. Female beings do not like me, generally. I think this Universe counts as one.

I wouldn't treat you well as an entity on the Hinternet.

As my wife, you'd never be happier. Metal_god14 can dig into my Finnish metal. There is always a difference between courtesy online and acting up in the "real life." ;o) ;o)

I suspect this behavior is not uncommon in primates. I'm not making excuses.

I'm in full agreement with you, other than I'd switch "birth" with "an early age" - very nice post, very nice attitude ;D