If you were handed a mug with a scalding hot drink...and some* of it spilled on you...would you drop the mug?

• If about a third spilled on you...
Image for post If you were handed a mug with a scalding hot drink...and some* of it spilled on you...//would you drop the mug?//
Sukiesnows avatar Life
6 7

Actually I was in just this situation at work a few years ago.

I was at the cafeteria in the line and ordered three hot coffee's in paper cups. The person who made them steamed them to death and they were scalding, and I picked them up as in three together but they collapsed around my hands and as i was turning and there was a guy in a wheel chair next to me, so I kept a hold for a couple of seconds longer before I dropped them so that I didn't drop them on him. But it was enough to really burn my hands and I was in a lot of pain for a couple of days.

@OzSurfer Actually I was in just this situation at work a few years ago. I was at the cafeteria in the line and ordered...

Ouch! You were likely in pain for a couple of weeks... Burning is supposed to be one of the main most excruciating pains there are....

@Sukiesnow Ouch! You were likely in pain for a couple of weeks... Burning is supposed to be one of the main most excruciating...

You are right, and it was first degree burns so according to the paramedic who gave me some pain killers, they can hurt more than 3rd degree burns as the nerves aren't damaged.

I just remember it being the worst pain I've ever felt, yet there wasn't a mark on my hands. Some thought I was pretending to get compensation or something.

????
I have mugs. Make for a fine hand warmer, and two cups of coffee in one.

Would i drop it? I love my mugs, probably not.

If a third spilled on me the mug is going.And what's with making drinks so hot you have to wait twenty minutes before you can drink them?

Okay! Okay! I shoulda said "cup of scalding hot drink"... Instead of M U G....M U G>>>>> M U G>>>> M U G::::::: M U G>>>> M U G........