Is there a "coolness" factor with using abbreviations?

Image for post //Is there a "coolness" factor with using abbreviations?//
Sukiesnows avatar TV, Movies & Theatre
8 9

Not for me, it just saves on typing on small devices. You gotta love how kids adapted it though. Adults made small texting devices yet attempted to write punctuated sentences on them like they were writing a letter. Kids came along and said omg idky ur doing this lol

@OzSurfer Not for me, it just saves on typing on small devices. You gotta love how kids adapted it though. Adults made...

That makes sense. So is it difficult for you to type sentences in long form? After you've worked on your cell phone.

@Sukiesnow That makes sense. So is it difficult for you to type sentences in long form? After you've worked on your cell phone.

I'm usually ok and I'm a faster typist, but sometimes I slip into an abbreviation, especially on here.

It seems like everyone's sentences are riddled with abbrevs these days....some of which I don't understand.

Zero coolness factor.

Maybe .... but I don't know what most of them mean, so the "coolness" goes over my head. hehe smilie