Giving very odd excuses The General went out to find that none of his G.I.s were there. One finally ran up, panting heavily. "Sorry, sir! I can explain, you see I had a date and it ran a little late. I ran to the bus but missed it, I hailed a cab but it broke down, found a farm, bought a horse but it dropped dead, ran 10 miles, and now I'm here." The General was very skeptical about this explanation but at least he was here so he let the G.I. go. Moments later, eight more G.I.s came up to the general panting, he asked them why they were late. "Sorry, sir! I had a date and it ran a little late, I ran to the bus but missed it, I hailed a cab but it broke down, found a farm, bought a horse but it dropped dead, ran 10 miles, and now I'm here." The General eyed them, feeling very skeptical but since he let the first guy go, he let them go, too. A ninth G.I. jogged up to the General, panting heavily. "Sorry, sir! I had a date and it ran a little late, I ran to the bus but missed it, I hailed a cab but..." "Let me guess," the General interrupted, "it broke down." "No," said the G.I., "there were so many dead horses in the road, it took forever to get around them." Link: http://www.ahajokes.com/war003.html

Image for post Giving very odd excuses *** The General went out to find that none of his G.I.s were there. One finally ran up, panting heavily.  "Sorry, sir! I can explain, you see I had a date and it ran a little late. I ran to the bus but missed it, I hailed a cab but it broke down, found a farm, bought a horse but it dropped dead, ran 10 miles, and now I'm here."  The General was very skeptical about this explanation but at least he was here so he let the G.I. go. Moments later, eight more G.I.s came up to the general panting, he asked them why they were late.  "Sorry, sir! I had a date and it ran a little late, I ran to the bus but missed it, I hailed a cab but it broke down, found a farm, bought a horse but it dropped dead, ran 10 miles, and now I'm here."  The General eyed them, feeling very skeptical but since he let the first guy go, he let them go, too. A ninth G.I. jogged up to the General, panting heavily.  "Sorry, sir! I had a date and it ran a little late, I ran to the bus but missed it, I hailed a cab but..."  "Let me guess," the General interrupted, "it broke down."  "No," said the G.I., "there were so many dead horses in the road, it took forever to get around them." *** Link: http://www.ahajokes.com/war003.html
Mariannes avatar Jokes & Humour
9 10

Giving very odd excuses

The General went out to find that none of his G.I.s were there. One finally ran up, panting heavily.
"Sorry, sir! I can explain, you see I had a date and it ran a little late. I ran to the bus but missed it, I hailed a cab but it broke down, found a farm, bought a horse but it dropped dead, ran 10 miles, and now I'm here."
The General was very skeptical about this explanation but at least he was here so he let the G.I. go. Moments later, eight more G.I.s came up to the general panting, he asked them why they were late.
"Sorry, sir! I had a date and it ran a little late, I ran to the bus but missed it, I hailed a cab but it broke down, found a farm, bought a horse but it dropped dead, ran 10 miles, and now I'm here."
The General eyed them, feeling very skeptical but since he let the first guy go, he let them go, too. A ninth G.I. jogged up to the General, panting heavily.
"Sorry, sir! I had a date and it ran a little late, I ran to the bus but missed it, I hailed a cab but..."
"Let me guess," the General interrupted, "it broke down."
"No," said the G.I., "there were so many dead horses in the road, it took forever to get around them."

Links: http://www.ahajokes.com/war003.html

N.B:
Nowadays, this should not be a way to treat horses ...

@2677402

Lol, I'll do my best.
hehe smilie

Poor horses. I like these long jokes that look dumb but have a witty end, it reminds me of one of my favorite jokes.

@Sunny_the_skeptic Poor horses. I like these long jokes that look dumb but have a witty end, it reminds me of one of my favorite jokes.

Yes, and sadly enough, cruelty against animals, and with that against humans, goes on, if we look into certain very lucrative industries, certain radical measures and illegal trafficking.

I like also such jokes with unexpected ends. smile smilie

Ha Ha!! Good one, Marianne!