+8

It appears as though there is almost no criteria or standard for what gets elected to go on the homepage anymore.. EVERYONE gets a trophy nowadays, amirite?

TheVibeAlchemists avatar
7 70
The voters have decided that TheVibeAlchemist is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I'm happy if I get my post to the Just In page. I don't even know where the "home" page is. :)

Will_Janitors avatar Will_Janitor Yeah You Are +10Reply
@Will_Janitor I'm happy if I get my post to the Just In page. I don't even know where the "home" page is. :)

From what I recall, the just-in page was where every post was automatically published, because they were the posts that just came in/were the most recent.

Not sure if they changed that now?

And mods chose which posts were featured on the homepage, and they were VERY selective, so it felt like an honor lol.

@2677672

Seems to be pretty random to me. I wonder if they still have the mods vote & agree on which posts to feature.

@2678322

I dont often see the homepage. I think they use it to attract new people.

@2678335

Yes, Featured & Homepage are the same thing.

@TheVibeAlchemist Yes, Featured & Homepage are the same thing.

Are you completely certain, that you don't want to get shot in the liver? I mean, if "Featured" is the same thing, why would you go through all of this trouble? Stop using terms, that most of us do not understand. It's either that or Arctic Warfare.

@ZonkeyBalls Are you completely certain, that you don't want to get shot in the liver? I mean, if "Featured" is the same thing...

Shot to the gut has always been a secret dream of mine nme smilie. But in earlier comments, a few individuals were confused about the differences between the categories & did not know they were the same.

@TheVibeAlchemist Shot to the gut has always been a secret dream of mine . But in earlier comments, a few individuals were...

I'm sorry, but I wouldn't do that.

My right shoulder keeps reminding me about not being nasty, every day, every hour and every minute. Seconds do pass, without constant nagging.

@TheVibeAlchemist I had high hopes for the fulfillment of this dream . Naggy, naggy shoulder

That's where the English term "thrice" comes into the play.

I wouldn't have minded the two first times, it was just bad luck, correct? But three times? Even, when I'm just off to do some shitty whatever. It's a fucking bullet magnet.

@TheVibeAlchemist That's intense "Thrice" means you are definitely a universal target

Well, I'm not a universal target, but my right shoulder is.

I'm having trouble shooting these days, since I am mostly right-handed. Took my AW for a spin last night, couldn't really hit anything at all. Trees, mostly, but not the targets.

@Carla I dont often see the homepage. I think they use it to attract new people.

Featured is the same as the homepage, reserved for individuals with the best posts & for those who visit amirite to see the quality posts first before encountering the rest of the site.

Seems so, although I rarely have occasion to see the "homepage". My very favorite post never made it there, and I'm nominating it NOW!
http://www.amirite.com/793985-a...s-main-suspect

I don't think it is anything like a trophy, when one's post is featured some kind of way. Seems to be a random pick, mostly. By whom, I do not know.

I've been notified that I've been on the Home Page, but I have no idea what that even means.

@2677947

Me too. But most of the comments wete somehow, for some reason, deleted.

@2677947

It changed my life completely. How about yours? lol lol lol

@StarzAbove It changed my life completely. How about yours? lol lol lol

Oh yes..
The calls are still coming in.
And the interviews!
My calander is full, ha!

@2677947

Refer to my response to StarzAbove's comment down below in regards to the homepage. smile smilie

@StarzAbove I've been notified that I've been on the Home Page, but I have no idea what that even means.

The homepage is meant to be the page that people see when they first visit amirite. It is the page where only the best posts are published, posts of quality, kind of like winning an award. Not every posts gets published there, so pay attention to when you get that notification! It's actually a really cool thing! biggrin smilie

@2677727

Because after taking a 4-year break from this website after it was sold by its creator to new administration, I have come back only to realize there are a lot less qualifying standards for posts since the site's initial conception.

It's as if much of the original creator's purpose & ambitions for the site have gone to trash. Getting a post on the homepage used to be like winning an Oscar- it had to be thoughtful or profound, something that made people think or was hilariously relatable. Just overall DEEP in a way that somehow brought the amirite community closer together.

Now it seems everyone is just hanging onto icebergs, and no one is trying to give DiCaprio a helping hand.

Not that I'm in any particular position to critique. I guess it bothers me because everything seems to go against the original purpose of what Anthony wanted for this site. Just me holding on to that outdated vision, I guess 🙄

But alas, there is no point in reminiscing what no longer is.

@2677944

It was very consistent for the first 3-4 years up until it was sold. 7 years is a long time for a website to be up and running though, I suppose. I guess it is no fault buy my own that I decided to leave instead of staying around for the changes. I am hoping for that a smilie

I need more LSD. What the hell are we even on about here?

@TheVibeAlchemist Crappy posters making crappy posts

Oh, I don't like those. They sort of remind me of... Well... Myself. Can we rid of them? Is there a plan? I do have a sniper rifle, if harder methods are needed.

Amaze us then, with something profound.
I love to be considered....crappy:[

@Carla Amaze us then, with something profound. I love to be considered....crappy:[

I was never referring to anyone specifically, only to those who feel they may not be posting their best content.

"Crappy posting" is just me being melodramatic hehe smiliea smilie

@Carla Do you still shoot, marko? Targets...not....targets?

Paper... Yeah, sometimes.

EDIT: I've said this earlier... I'm out, but... I'm still sort of in. It's a conception difficult to explain, when even I am completely out of it.

@2678560

I have a s&w 38 special, but my favorite to shoot is the h&r 929 sidekick that was a gift to my mother from my father in the 50's. It's a great little gun.
When i shoot with my nephew..he pulls out his ? 357 long barrelled pistol and his ? 9mm. They are also fun (loud) to shoot with.

@TheVibeAlchemist

You may laugh, but having a proper gun this close to Russia does make a difference. I'm a trained sniper, computer geeky and pretty much insane.

@2678559

It matters because that was the reason the site was created, over 7 years ago. Not to reward the trash with trophy in hand. Now the site has turned more into an online diary. If that does not apply to you, then no need to be concerned or offended smirk2 smiliehehe smilie

@2679175

LMAO yes, the site was created by a college student and the median age was 16-25. After he sold the site, everyone left & it got overrun by old people. So an improvement from the dead zone it became after everyone left.. sure, I suppose. But an improvement from it's original state? Absolutely nowhere close. Just like everyone else, we had our fair share of crappy posts, but those posts never made it to the homepage like we see today nme smilie

Trash was a figure of speech. It is very difficult to enjoy this site if you guys keep taking everything so literally. Why so serious? foreveralone smilie

It's like the Emmy's - it doesn't need to be good to win.

Honestly though, I think it may have something to do with the volume of crap being posted in the first place.

Budwicks avatar Budwick Yeah You Are 0Reply
@TheVibeAlchemist Could be difficult to sift through it all, I suppose 🙄

Personally, I'm really glad you've come back to spend some time here. More regular visits make it easier.

I only go on the home page when i change my oil..

DandyDons avatar DandyDon Yeah You Are -1Reply