+24

You have had an out of body experience, or you believe such experiences can occur, amirite?

This includes meditation experiences, lucid dreaming, sleep paralyses, astral projection, deja vu etc.

Image for post You have had an out of body experience, or you believe such experiences can occur, amirite?
TheVibeAlchemists avatar TV, Movies & Theatre
14 58
The voters have decided that TheVibeAlchemist is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.
@2677732

Mostly because I want to hear people's experiences 🙄 I was thinking more along the lines of paranormal circumstances.

The only thing I've ever experienced is sleep paralysis, except for in my vivid dreams. I've never actually been able fly or levitate, when awake. My dreams have almost convinced that I could though, if I just tried hard enough!

I have not personally had any "paranormal" experiences, except seeing a very frightening clear image of something as a child.

Piper2s avatar Piper2 Yeah You Are +7Reply
@Piper2 The only thing I've ever experienced is sleep paralysis, except for in my vivid dreams. I've never actually been...

Yes, sleep paralysis SUCKS. It's terrifying and scientific explanations only explain part of the symptoms. Have you ever heard voices or seen images during one of these episodes?

That sounds very strange. I have also glimpsed an image of something tall and bright-colored standing behind me, but to this day I still have no explanation. That definitely qualifies as a paranormal experience smile smilienme smilie

@TheVibeAlchemist Yes, sleep paralysis SUCKS. It's terrifying and scientific explanations only explain part of the symptoms. Have you...

No, I don't recall ever hearing voices or seeing images when experiencing sleep paralysis. It is the closest to death I've felt though, not being able to move or get air into my lungs for however long it lasts. It's definitely terrifying.

What I saw was very clear. I woke up in the night and saw this thing with my mother's head glaring at me. It had its arms crossed with the "red paddle' in one hand, and was wearing a red plaid bathrobe.

Piper2s avatar Piper2 Yeah You Are +4Reply
@Piper2 No, I don't recall ever hearing voices or seeing images when experiencing sleep paralysis. It is the closest to...

That sounds horrifying! It still amazes me that these types of things can be seen & created within the mind, but there is not much in the way of any scientific explanation.

It seems like the only thing I'm still able to do is breathe. That would suck! What usually works in waking you up from one of these episodes?

I'd look at my mom a little different after that hehe smilie

@TheVibeAlchemist That sounds horrifying! It still amazes me that these types of things can be seen & created within the mind, but...

The times the 'sleep' paralysis has happened, it just takes extreme will to breath and move again. I am already awake and very aware.

Piper2s avatar Piper2 Yeah You Are +2Reply
@2677729

More along the lines of paranormal or supernatural occurrences.

I have.. during a panic attack. It's called depersonalization. It was very unpleasant. smile smilie

PhilboydStudges avatar PhilboydStudge Yeah You Are +6Reply
@PhilboydStudge I have.. during a panic attack. It's called depersonalization. It was very unpleasant.

Ah, depersonalization sucks. Not feeling attached to your own body but aware of everything. Have you had an out of body experience more along the lines of the paranormal or supernatural?

I do...You ever grabbed an electric fence?

DandyDons avatar DandyDon Yeah You Are +6Reply
@DandyDon I do...You ever grabbed an electric fence?

Lol hell no. Have you ever had an occurrence that cannot be scientifically explained?

I touched a metal light with wet hands.I think I vibrated for 5 minutes.
I was young and stupid at the time.

@hootowl I touched a metal light with wet hands.I think I vibrated for 5 minutes. I was young and stupid at the time.

Well, when I was young and stupid, I worked with my brother in law, doing electrical work.

When we were fixing lights, switches, stuff like that (110 volts) we wouldn't even bother turning the electricity off, i've been zapped many times..

DandyDons avatar DandyDon Yeah You Are 0Reply

Yes, I have. And I know for certain that my sister-in-law had one just before she died.

@StarzAbove Yes, I have. And I know for certain that my sister-in-law had one just before she died.

Hm, that is interesting. What did you see, hear or feel? What explanation do you have for this?

@TheVibeAlchemist Hm, that is interesting. What did you see, hear or feel? What explanation do you have for this?

She was in the hospital dying of lung cancer at the age of 43, the family was called in, the doctor said there was no hope, but in a few hours she woke up and was talking to all of us. She said she had seen a bright white light, she entered into heaven and was asked what kind of a home she wanted in heaven, she replied that she wanted a small white one, like the church she was a member of, everything was all white and warm, then she was aware of coming back and she didn't want to. She was so happy to see all of us and tell us what she had experienced. She lived another week. And at her funeral her son read what had happened to her.

I truly believe what she had experienced.

@StarzAbove She was in the hospital dying of lung cancer at the age of 43, the family was called in, the doctor said there was...

I am so sorry to hear that she passed.. but I'm glad you're here to continue to tell her amazing experience. That is very interesting! I do believe there is a personal heaven for each person, perhaps even in different realms, if various realms do actually exist.

It's just amazing because the mind wouldn't create such scenarios for nothing. Each one carries a message and a purpose, sometimes for understanding and other times to give a message of hope.

Thank you for sharing!

@2677954

I get the deja vu thing, about once a year. It knocks me off balance.

Carlas avatar Carla Yeah You Are +6Reply
@2677964

Yes. Minutes, trying hard to remember what i missed.
???

Carlas avatar Carla Yeah You Are +3Reply
@2677954

Well, out of body experiences are oftentimes terrifying when you don't know what's going on, so maybe you've been spared hehe smilie.

I've read theories that believe deja vu means that you are on the "right track". Right track to what, I'm not sure. There are too many theories about that for it to ever make any sense to me. Science does not provide a satisfactory explanation for this phenomena, in my opinion.scn smilie

@2677954

Same with me. There's a TV show, that when it first starts I feel certain I've been in that area before.... very strange.

@2677733

Right. People can't invalidate someone else's experiences, yet it does happen very often.

@2677908

Do you care to provide examples of a few of your experiences?

@2678741

I have always been curious about how human consciousness seems to remain in tact even after encounters with death and the detachment of mind & self. What allows us to continue to remain ourselves, or do we bring back a little bit of something else each time we return..?

What a story to live & tell! Do you recall what you have seen during these times?

Yes, I have felt and seen things not of this world.

@dru18 Yes, I have felt and seen things not of this world.

What kind of experiences have you had? The same applies to myself, things that I have seen and felt that do not make any scientific sense, at least by conventional standards.

This world if full of secrets that we may never come to understand.hmm smilie

@TheVibeAlchemist What kind of experiences have you had? The same applies to myself, things that I have seen and felt that do not...

People who were dead, even those who had no relationship with me.

No, and I thinks some secrets are just better off being,..secrets.

I went through a short spell of sleep paralysis back in college. I'd rather never experience that again. Lucid dreaming is really fun though.

StickCavemans avatar StickCaveman Yeah You Are +5Reply
@StickCaveman I went through a short spell of sleep paralysis back in college. I'd rather never experience that again. Lucid...

God, sleep paralysis is horrifying. Science explains a lot, but there are still other components of it that do not make much sense to me.

I have tried my hand at lucid dreaming, but it seems like I am never able to recognize that I am in a dream quickly enough before it is over. I'd like to get a little more practice in, though biggrin smilie.

What kind of experiences have you had while lucid dreaming?

was it possible you drank a more booze when you were in college? A high consumption of alcohol my predispose a person to SP.

Sukiesnows avatar Sukiesnow Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Sukiesnow was it possible you drank a more booze when you were in college? A high consumption of alcohol my predispose a...

It could be but I honestly didn't drink much. Never during the week and rarely on weekends because I worked.

I had a very irregular sleeping pattern though. I'd stay up to late and then go to an early class. Then I'd have a 2 or 3 hour gap between classes. So instead of going home or studying, I'd find a couch in the library and take an hour and a half long nap. This is where the SP would usually happen. One time in particular, I remember gaining consciousness. I awoke because I thought somebody had taken a seat on the couch parallel to mine. I couldn't open my eyes all the way and I couldn't move. From my eyes barely able to open I thought I could see a figure sitting there. It made me frustrated because I didn't understand why of all the couches in our 9 story library they chose that one. After about 5 or 10 minutes I was able to open my eyes completely. No one was there.

StickCavemans avatar StickCaveman Yeah You Are +1Reply

I don't know. As a Psych student in the 70's we experimented with isolation tanks while hooked up to machines, and other unconventional experiments. Sometimes I like to think we were somewhat successful and other times I think it was just wishful thinking.

@JustJimColo I don't know. As a Psych student in the 70's we experimented with isolation tanks while hooked up to machines, and...

It's always good to believe in the work you are doing- you never know what unexpected results may yield from your studies smile smilie

Can you go into more detail about these experiments you conducted as a student and the occurrences you may have witnessed?

@JustJimColo I can, offline if you'd like to hear about them. Probably bore most people in open forum.

You can always message me nme smilie

Only boring to those who care nothing for knowledge & the expansion of the mind's perspective.

Yes. Succinctly.

Sukiesnows avatar Sukiesnow Yeah You Are +4Reply
@Sukiesnow Yes. Succinctly.

It does always seem as though these experiences are quite brief, sometimes to the point where you question whether it actually happened or not.

Do you mind sharing an experience or two that you've had under these circumstances?

@TheVibeAlchemist It does always seem as though these experiences are quite brief, sometimes to the point where you question whether...

It's happened to me,,,mostly in dreams...there's a feeling of rising up...and of travelling...travelling for miles...it could have happened when I needed to communicate with people...but didn't have the opportunity in RL....

It's nice that you've asked ppl to give examples of their experiences; but in these realms the memory can become blurry...

@Sukiesnow It's happened to me,,,mostly in dreams...there's a feeling of rising up...and of travelling...travelling for...

That's really cool, actually. I've always wished for the ability to fly, but without the risks that modern conventions bring with them nme smilie

I have had an experience similar to that, felt as if I was completely awake but of a different consciousness if that makes sense, and I stopped someone's car from crashing into my boyfriend's.

When he came home, he said that he had almost gotten into an accident, but the car stopped all of a sudden.. I still have no explanation. Just odd happenings over the years.

I'm always curious about the unknown! And especially of the experiences other people have had dealing with the same things, seeing if people have more information or perspectives on it than I do.

Thank you for sharing l smilie

@TheVibeAlchemist That's really cool, actually. I've always wished for the ability to fly, but without the risks that modern...

Your welcome...:)

The unexplored is so interesting...

You've had dreams where you could fly? Those are so freeing.

@2678629

That's fascinating....

Sukiesnows avatar Sukiesnow Yeah You Are +1Reply
@2679624

I was NOT being sarcastic...if that's what you mean.

I have not. Who can prove such a thing?

Remote viewing can be learned, although it is easier for certain individuals with the proper genetic markers.

ZonkeyBallss avatar ZonkeyBalls Yeah You Are 0Reply
Anonymous