+13

I really dislike when Grammar Nazis single me out...it is almost like some sort of which hunt🙄

I keep it up and I am gonna get burned at the steak😘

Image for post I really dislike when Grammar Nazis single me out...it is almost like some sort of which hunt🙄
Lil_Princesss avatar
8 42

Dont know where you got, gotten.
But dont let them get to you.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +5Reply

I couldn't either agree or disagree, since I am a grammar nazi to a certain extent. I'm a Finn, this is not my native language and yet, somehow, it seems I understand the basics better than some individuals, which shall remain unnamed in this context. If someone as silly as I can learn to express myself effectively in this language, then it can't really be that difficult for any native speaker either. In your case, I have let it fly, but that's simply because I luv ya 2 much to care about small things.

@ZonkeyBalls I couldn't either agree or disagree, since I am a grammar nazi to a certain extent. I'm a Finn, this is not my...

I personally have never seen you belittle someone or have a raging fit over a grammatical error before. At work I have to be correct all the time because I get paid to write but on social media, I type and go.I think most people do. If I made here what I make at work then yes by all means I would watch carefully.

It really burns my bacon to see someone called out and made fun of because of what they said. Sometimes it might be they don't know or a key gets stuck but it doesn't make them any less of a person.

Aww thank ya :)

@2678317

She's cooking meth, but shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

@2678317

hehe smilie Oh I am a Jill of all trades

If I can understand what they are trying to say, it's all good.

@JustJimColo If I can understand what they are trying to say, it's all good.

Exactly. We make a typo here and there. I know I ain't perfect. Sadlt some people on social media come unglued if someone forgets a comma somewhere. I look at it this way, if I am getting paid to write I might be a little more observant.

@2678316

That is how I feel too. I have a friend that is a veteran and uses social media to improve his spelling and grammar after having a brain injury. Sometimes it takes me a minute to figure it out but there hasn't been a time that I haven't.

When people insult others over grammar, they are usually looking for whatever ways they can find to put the other person down, and make themselves look better (even if all they can find to insult is such a small thing as grammar).

Anyway, it can't be denied that, sometimes, grammar can be a matter of life and death:

(Yes, everyone has probably seen this, but I find it funny anyway.)

@2679179

lol. Yep, better not let them see it. Kids can be very impressionable.

@primeiro When people insult others over grammar, they are usually looking for whatever ways they can find to put the other...

I don't care how many times I see that it is still funny hehe smilie. Thank ya for sharing it. It still makes me giggle.

I ain't gonna lie if I know the grammar police are in the area and they start complaining, I tend to give them a reason to do so.hehe smilie

I find bad grammar irritating.

@2679181

To each their own JD.

I used to get it on SH a lot.At first it bothered me,But then I figured out they didn't agree with my opinion.So they would pick on my spelling.To change the subject.

@hootowl I used to get it on SH a lot.At first it bothered me,But then I figured out they didn't agree with my opinion.So...

It used to bother me too and now I just find myself doing it on purpose just cause I know they can't stand it.

I yoused to be won of those Grammer (and Spelling) Nahtzis. But then in my past life I was a spelling bee champion and I also worked in a career which rewarded writing skill with salary increases and promotions. But now that I'm retired I have become more tolerant. But I have observed occasions on this website where grammar errors have really affected the meaning of what the person was attempting to convey, and I had to reply to their post to ask for clarification and then they got pissed at me for doing that!

@goblue1968 I yoused to be won of those Grammer (and Spelling) Nahtzis. But then in my past life I was a spelling bee champion...

That is crazy that people get upset for someone asking what they meant. I always welcome people to ask if they ain't sure.

@Budwick

hehe smiliehehe smilie

Oh I like that one. Thank ya for sharing.