Kudos to President Bush and President Obama for calling out the bigotry, hate and discord in the White House. I miss both those presidents, they were both compassionate and caring of the American people, instead we have a president who is dividing our country in so many ways. Amirite?

Trump has proven once again that he won't take responsibility for his actions. He caused the controversy about our fallen soldier, and he won't let it go. Even attacking a congresswoman for listening in on a phone call, but Kelly forgot to tell the American people that he and other staff members were listening in on what the president said as well. I've lost a lot of respect for Gen. Kelly for lying for the president. Guess his job is more important to him than the truth.

George W. Bush Calls Out Trumpism Without Mentioning TrumpIn a speech for the George W. Bush Institute, former President George W. Bush called out Trumpism without ever mentioning Trump by name. Here are excerpts fr...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aEghL2Ko0s
StarzAboves avatar Politics
13 30

I never thought I would look back at the Bush administration as, "the good ol' days".

President Obama's speech:

@TheCensoredBrit Even as a Brit I miss this guy...

So do I. He was a good president, a good husband, and good family man that's why Trump hates him so. Obama was very articulate, compassionate and intelligent. Something Trump will never be. There is no comparison between Trump and President Obama....Obama had morals and was very patriotic, Trump is neither.

I never rated Bush to be fair, but you are right. He gave more of a damn about the people of the US than Trump ever did.

@TheCensoredBrit I never rated Bush to be fair, but you are right. He gave more of a damn about the people of the US than Trump ever did.

Yes he did. He was presidential, and he could laugh at himself.....something Trump just can't do, instead he blames everyone else. He is unqualified to be dog catcher, let alone president.

I don't think his ideas are that bad, but his failings are in his communication. Peggy Noonan wrote what I think is a very accurate peice in the Wall Street Journal. Here is a portion of it if anyone wants to take the time to read it:

"He proceeds each day with the confidence of one who thinks his foundation firm when it’s not—it’s shaky. His job is to build support, win people over through persuasion, and score some legislative victories that will encourage a public sense that he is competent, even talented. The story of this presidency so far is his inability to do this. He thwarts himself daily with his dramas. In the thwarting he does something unusual: He gives his own supporters no cover. They back him at some personal cost, in workplace conversations and at family gatherings. They are in a hard position. He leaves them exposed by indulging whatever desire seizes him—to lash out, to insult, to say bizarre things. If he acted in a peaceful and constructive way, he would give his people cover."

If you want to read the whole article, you can find it here: https://www.wsj.com/articles/tr...ory-1508454875

He certainly is not even close to Reagan or Obama in ability to persuade.

@Will_Janitor I don't think his ideas are that bad, but his failings are in his communication. Peggy Noonan wrote what I think...

My main gripe about Trump is he won't take responsibility for his actions, and has to blame others, and it's usually Obama. No other president has done that to their predecessor, nor should they. He doesn't realize that his words are important to all of us Americans and also to the world. Calling the football players SOB, how dignified is that coming from a president. He's the most powerful person in the world, and he should act like it

@StarzAbove My main gripe about Trump is he won't take responsibility for his actions, and has to blame others, and it's...

I can't and wouldn't defend Trump's antics.

Actually most presidents have blamed their predecessors for things they wanted to change. Obama's were about foreign policy, immigration, healthcare, and guns at Bush's expense. Bush's were about dignity of the office, and foreign policy at Clinton's expense.

Trump just does it with an unpolished nastiness that is offensive.

His ideas play to which crowd he is looking for applause from.

I just hope that the supporters who continue to give him passes, will soon take a good, long .

I appreciate that bush spoke out. He has kept his thoughts to himself, generally, about all of this.

It is very sad, to me, that the death of this man has been turned into a mudslinging contest.

I understand why representative wilson heard the call. But, i think she should have left it to the family to voice any grievance they had with trumps words or delivery.
This just wasnt the time.
Then, of course, trump lied about what he said, like a child. All he had to do was express regret that his words were taken wrong. Would have been good for the family. And isnt the family the people we should be looking out for?

@Carla I appreciate that bush spoke out. He has kept his thoughts to himself, generally, about all of this. It is very...

All Trump has to do now, is call the grieving widow, explain to her he was sorry his words caused her more grieve, apologize and say how much he appreciated Sgt. Johnson's service to our country...etc. And all of this would go away.

But he won't do that, instead he tweets crap about the Congresswoman again this morning.

@2678645

And he never even called the grieving widow by her name.

@2678657

And the moron is still dragging this fight out by tweeting about the Congresswoman, I doubt he knows her name either.

@2678664

Exactly. He would rather fight with this Congresswoman than find out what really happened to the four service men that were killed. He hasn't said one word about them. He's leaving it up to Gen. Mattis. And he'll blame that on Obama too.

@2678674

He has a one track mind....and it's called Donald Trump.

I can't say I ever liked Bush, but yes, I appreciated his words.