TheCensoredBrits avatar Countries & Places
4 11

Point taken but I think we can clean things up and send newer technology too.

@Budwick Point taken but I think we can clean things up and send newer technology too.

Interesting point.

Apparently this is a map of all known space junk in orbit around earth. If I was going to send up any more satellites, I would want a lot of that grey stuff gone.

@TheCensoredBrit Interesting point. Apparently this is a map of all known...

I agree, but I think we can clean things up and send newer technology too.

@Budwick I agree, but I think we can clean things up and send newer technology too.

I think there are opportunities for an entrepreneur and or the military. The military has a zillion space targets. An entrepreneur could develop a space sweeper and get paid by everyone else that needs the room.

@Budwick I think there are opportunities for an entrepreneur and or the military. The military has a zillion space...

That's true. It will be interesting to see if anything comes of it. I can't imagine they'll let it go on for much longer.

Good question. The answer is another question. Who volunteers to give up their high speed internet, their communications systems, their satellite TV and so many other things we take for granted and rely on every day?
The only way to get rid of space just is to send up bigger, more efficient space junk. Space junk isn't cheap, and the bigger it is, the more expensive it becomes.