Have you ever seen a fainting goat in real life?

My neighbor down the street has one and it is one of the strangest things I have ever heard of. Any loud sound in the area and that thing goes down like a sack of potatoes. I truly wonder how this species has survived this long. :)

Fainting Goats vs Exercise BallWe decided to see if our myotonic goats, Ricky & Lucy, would like to play with an exercise ball since we saw other YouTube videos of goats having fun with th...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JF0Jys5ITc
17% Yes 83% No 0% Other
Will_Janitors avatar Animals & Nature
12 34

Never heard of anything like that, but it is cute. lol

No....this is so interesting, though...it feels like I've heard about this before...

How cute to have such a symptom...

They were kept around so that, if a predator attacked the herd, Mr fainting goat would hit the deck and be food for the predator whilst the rest of the herd got away

No. But..i would love to meet one.

@2678484

Impetuously
Another jalapeno
Into the chili

@2678515

Very often yes
Food is a true love of mine
Affair of the tongue

@2678529

I am very.....orally predisposed.

@Carla I am very.....orally predisposed.

Hope this doesn't offend, but it made me think of you:

In a good way! biggrin smilie

No, I've not had occasion to be around goats much. Seems pretty mean to be purposely startling them, though, like people were clearly doing on some of the videos.

@Piper2 No, I've not had occasion to be around goats much. Seems pretty mean to be purposely startling them, though...

I imagine some people do take advantage in a cruel way, but you never know what is going to scare them. I know the neighbor family that has one loves it very much, but the other goats tend to pick on it as it is completely defenseless.

Too bad that these goats are actually ill, a genetic defect that causes them to get paralyzed stiff when startled or panicking. Those shouldn't breed in order not to pass the gene.

A fainting goat is like balls,
having them make them itch,
scratching them hurts like a bitch,
then you try changing overalls,
but then the nature calls,
and suddenly you are a walrus.

As Sunny said it, these poor fainting goats suffer from a genetic disease.
They are cute, but what people consider to be funny is a big fright to them.

https://news.nationalgeographic...esponse-video/